Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calendar Help Needed

Hi,

Well I was asked a few weeks ago to take part in a Charity Calendar for Cancer Research which will be on sale where I live. The plan is to get the calendar printed asap and to sell it at a 24 hour Relay event that takes place at the end of August. So we have found a photographer who has time and space to take all the pictures, we have a printer who has agreed to print 500 copies in first print run and agreed a very low price and we have all of the local fundraising committee who have agreed to be photographed. The idea is it will be similar to the Famous Charity Calendar but all very tasteful and not showing too many revealing body parts.

The problem is I have got November which would instantly say "Fireworks" but no where has fireworks on sale in July and have rung several companies who are firework experts and they don't have any boxed sets. What we were planning was a backdrop of firework prints which we already have, a few boxes of fireworks hiding parts of me and then I hold 2 sparklers up high and that's that. So now I need different ideas which is where you all come in.So what else reminds you of November or any ideas about the fireworks. Photo shoot starts tomorrow with February, December, March and any other months we can fit in and then next photos are next Wednesday so any ideas would be really appreciated. Ideas must be suitable for a family audience as I want to sell the Calendar at school as well as at Relay.

I am really worried about taking my clothes off for this but feel that it is something I want to be involved in after knowing so many people affected by Cancer and also having a parent at school die recently. Will let you know how it goes.

Nicky Sussex

Hi Nicky

Fireworks were my first thought too!

Have you thought about emailing Standard fireworks and explaining your problem and ask if they could send you a couple of empty boxes (they sell events fireworks all year round and they must be packaged) or print off a picture of a firework box and expand it on a photocopier (not sure of clarity of picture though). I will keep thinking!!

As you're from sussex, try some of our Lewes bonfire societis. They will have LOADS of props and such like that yuo could use I'm sure. :o

Wow I take my hat off to you!!!

But you are planning to take off much more than your hat! :o

Some great ideas already........the only other thing that I could think of is 'Autumn Leaves'......

Good luck with it all .... you are much, much braver than me!!! xD

Sunnyday

must admit remembrance day is always my thought for November... too. particularly this year ... not just the recent deaths but also that of First World War veteran Henry Allingham.. but quite where you could find a field of poppies to sit in eludes me...

Inge

true.. i was thinking more of just a field of poppies being appropriate... , but didn't come out that way

Inge

I was wondering whether you meant strategically placed poppies :o

Hi,

Thanks for all your thoughts any other ideas gratefully appreciated. I had thought about poppies but wasn't sure whether it would be appropriate or not!!! Saw some lovely fabric poppies in a local craft shop yesterday so may go back and buy a few and then we can decide with the photographer.

Will let you know how it goes tonight and then next photos are Wednesday and then a few outdoros one to be taken eg June- on a tennis court

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Some great ideas here. Just wanted to wish you luck with it -hope the photoshoots go well and you sell loads of calendars! Well done you, you're braver than me (I'm camera shy with my clothes on!). :o