Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Got Sky Broadband?

This is a totally random request but I have been looking at saving some money and putting phone, internet and tv into one sky package. It will save me about £30+ a month (and we'll get sky tv which we dont have now) but a little voice inside my head is saying 'no such thing as a free lunch'. So I'm just wondering what sort of service sky offers. Couldnt bear the thought of not being able to get online!!

Sally

Can't help you Sally.......but will be watching this thread with interest!

I too need to make some changes........I can't believe our monthly outgoings for TV. 'phone and Internet :o

Hope someone comes along soon with a better and more useful reply!

Sunnyday

Like sunnyday I will be watching this one, am thinking of going along the same route myself but am keen to hear others views on the subject.

I have been with tesco broadband for a long time and am reluctant to change to anyone, as I hear bad reviews everywhere. Would love to hear from someone who actually has Sky for the TV, phone and broadband!!

we looked, but cannot get the phone bit where we live so did not look into it further..

I know a friend has issues getting the broadband to work, but it may be a one off... he finds the helpline not very helpful!

Inge

Next door have just had it...I will ask...but we are looking into it as well...does seem like a good deal... :o

Edited by Guest

I've got BT broadband, homehub with internet phone and BT Vision digital box. 61 TV channels at the mo and 27 radio channels, but as our digital switchover is this month that could increase. Never had any bother with it at all, been great

Hey Sally

We have also got the full lot and we haven't had any probs (touch wood). We saved money too - but you would have to chat to my better half about how much (i let him sort the boring things - I just play with it once it's sorted :))

Mich x

The thing you need to be careful of is the limited usage on Sky Broadband. Their base package only gives you 2Gb per month download limit. You can get more for a higher price.

It all depends how much you use the internet. If you just visit this forum you might be ok.

Have a look at this to calculate approximate use:

http://www.broadbandsuppliers.co.uk/bandwi...calculator.html

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Just switched to Sky and so far so good!

The switchover to their broadband was a breeze - just plugged the magic box in and had it all set up in no time - although being me I will have to log into the router sometime soon and sort the security settings for myself - damn paranoia lol!

The sky+ box was free with the deal I got and was fitted last Thursday. Guy was here about an hour fitting a dish up on the roof and putting wires through. I have to say I love it - it's sooooooo easy to record stuff!! ( Never could get the hang of our video!) As to the phone - not really noticed anything different there - not even sure if that's switched yet or not lol

I dithered about doing it for months cos I couldn't face the thought of going cold turkey with no internet but in the end it was all pretty painless. The only thing I would say is don't try and sort out your old email service on a blackberry!! I did cos I was away and ended up deleting the sub accounts I wanted to keep and keeping the ones I was happy to lose! One of the lost ones was hubby and am still not forgiven!! OOOOOOOOOPS :o

Well I've just taken the plunge and ordered the sky tv, broadband and phone package. We are booked in for tv connection on 12th August. I've opted to pay a bit more for broadband and get the unlimited deal so hopefully it will be ok. Cant believe how much I'm saving putting it all together. At least enough for a good bottle of wine and takeaway. Cant be bad!!! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that we have switched to sky internet and it is much better than my previous provider - higher speeds and more reliable connections. So far so good. I can spend more time on the forum now without worrying about getting disconnected :o

Keep us posted how things are going sally!

I would really love to go ahead with this! The only thing that puts me off is the fact that my son is obsessed with anything sky and can tell you channel numbers, how to set it up and the different packages available and also what they cost and talks about it non stop and he is only 6!!! (Freeview has the same effect as well!)

I dont know if I cold cope with it should we get it!! xD:(

Plus he is already telling his dad that he will give him £1 out of his pocket money so that we can get the kids channels!

Oh and I wouldnt be able to record anything because we would already be recording all of my sons favourite TV shows or maybe even the horse racing for his dad if he is working overtime on a Saturday and there would be no room left for my programmes or so I have been told! :o

And I have to remember that it needs to be fixed the 'right way' so that we can also get RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4!! Guess who has just returned today from Dungarvan, Co Waterford???!!!!!