Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Reading - Not Work Connected!

Have you read the book Susan? One of my absolute faves! Good to hear the film is good too - should I drag Mr Sunnyday along or is it a 'chickflick'?!

It's my all time fav book; I can't see how they're going to make the film anywhere near as good as the book. I sobbed at the book, might have to wait for the dvd otherwise I'll embarass myself in the cinema!

Sam

Yes, I have read the book. I was intrigued as to how it could be made into a film and I took Hubby with me, who also enjoyed it although he tells me he wouldnt have come had he known it was a weepy.

I enjoyed it and I stayed awake which is quite unusual for me ina darkened room!

• 2 weeks later...

well finally I have picked up a book and read one "not work connected book" this holiday (well two if you count finishing the end of the lemoney snicket book that I started two years ago!)

I popped to the library friday and managed to grab a copy of my sisters keeper and I spent the weekend dipping into it then I sat down yesterday and spent the whole day reading finally finished it off this morning and oh boy did I cry I knew I would. It was a good book,

but im glad to say I have finally read an adult book for a change! and Ive got time travelers wife on order

• 10 months later...

I thought I'd revisit this thread and hope you all have time to sit and read something over the holidays that isnt related to work!

I never know what to read so went begging at the library. The librarian recommended these and I just have to pass them on.

The book thief by markus zusak, narrated by death it tells his story of the 3 times during her life that he saw a young girl. Its set in Germany during WW2. Its beautifully written and made me weep.

The second book is A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini (he wrote the kite runner) its about the life of a woman in Afghanistan from the late 1970's to early 2000's. Its about the people in her life, particulary a woman who comes into her life later on. Its lovely and human and again it made me weep.

Edited by Rea

'Feel the Fear and do it Anyway'

I'd be interested if anyone has read this book and whether it helped them or not

ppp

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased I found this thread because I love reading. Now this my be a bit contraversial because of all of the hype but the twilight series is really good. I have never been a fan of vampires etc and avoided the books for ages, however after reading the first one I found I just had to read them all. I think that they are aimed at teens however i'm 33 and loved them!!!!

Rapunzel x x

I think that they are aimed at teens however i'm 33 and loved them!!!!

I moaned at my daughter staying in bed all day to read them, then found myself doing the same for the last book while feigning a headache! That was two years ago and I was 42! Haven't seen the movies though.

Last year a friend gave me the Sookie Stackhouse ('True Blood') series, I hadn't watched the series at the time and I must say they're adult enough for me to hide them away from my girls!

Karrie

Guest MaryEMac

I've just read Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. It's a good read and is based on a true story of eight years in the Bombay underworld. I wasn't sure when I first started it but I soon found that it was impossible to put down.

Mary

Hi, just read picture perfect by jodie picoult (my sister's keeper author) was really into it and have just got cross at the ending aaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggh. Until then a very good book (in my opinion :o )

Anyone read any books by Jasper Fforde?

Have also just read Another Day to discover Deirdre in Corrie was reading it too in Monday's episode! Somehow no longer feel the same about the book, what a snob am I!!! A fictional character she may be, but thought I was on a different literary level to her!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)