Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Term Fee Owing People.

We often have parents fail to pay or fall behind with the playgroup fees but this particular one this term is currently owing over £120. She has last month made the odd £10 or £20 payment bringing it down to this but generally she 'drops and runs' so we don't get informed. The little girl will be funded in Sept and will be elegible for 5 free sessions. I find it so cheeky that she brings her into 3 sessions without even mentioning the fact that no-one is paying for these sessions, she never even offers to help in other ways. I would love to be able to say she can't have her 5 unless she pays up, but a) It wouldn't be fair on the little girl, who is a joy to have or :o you just can't do that. Without chasing (which I also can't keep doing!) I know this parent would just go without ever settling the debt and just keep coming to funded sessions. We charge £3 a week lunchclub for the funded ones too. Wonder what i should do. Tomorrow will be the last day i will see her in person, but i can contact her too.

oh so know what you mean I have just worked out a payment plan for three families who will be leaving owing so they will pay during the holidays.

Just be blunt is what I have found to be the best and I'm sorry that even though I try to be discreet but to be honest I just want my money.

Next year I am going to stop them taking extra hours on top of their free entitlement if they have paid each term as they go.

Good luk though as I do sympathise

Steph

We have a late payment fee which is usually enough to make parents pay. So if fees are not paid by the given date I put a note up reminding parents that if I have to send out a letter there will be a £5 admin charge for every letter.

I think you are within your rights to say that this child cannot access additional services like lunch club next term unless the £120 is paid off, though they should still be able to access their free entitlement. We have been in a similar situation this term, we simply asked if it would be helpful if the non-funded child dropped a session until their financial situation became easier. The fee was quickly paid, although we have had to keep on top of this situation eg by asking for the money each week not letting it slide.

you have to be careful though - they may call your bluff and say 'well she won't do lunch club next year' and you'll be no closer to getting your money!

What a difficult situation.

Could you make a 'payment plan' for her.......£20 per week - to be paid over the summer break - could you give her 6 envelopes - addressed and stamped so that she has no excuse?

Good luck

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

put a big noticeboard outside, which says.................'the following fees are outstanding ' ( you can then say, must be paid immediately/by Friday etc).........and put the parent's name on it. works a treat.

Our parents have to pay by a certain day in theory or they get charged, if they dont pay by that day they have to pay more. We have not yet had to go down this route thankfully. If a parent is having difficulties then charges are let off at our discretion and a plan for paying weekly can be arranged.

In your situation we would have given friendly warnings and as our got two days before the end of term they got told if not paid by end of term it will go to owner and she will charge for each letter sent etc. they quickly paid :o

samfrostie xD

We've just had letter type up for a parent that owes past fees , as her child leaves this week for primary school , .Stating that she agrees to pay certain amount each week till bills cleared with her and her husband having to sign it . Not sure it work but can only but give it ago . My motto would be like another reply name shame them .

put a big noticeboard outside, which says.................'the following fees are outstanding ' ( you can then say, must be paid immediately/by Friday etc).........and put the parent's name on it. works a treat.

My My Narnia!!! With all your good news you really are ready to take on the world aren't you!! You go girl!!

Tee Hee

pw xx

all our parents signed an agreement before starting, which stated the fees due, how long to pay and that failure to pay would result in child not being able to stay, they had to agree to this before the child started.. this then gave us the ability to return to them and insist as they had agrees to the terms or not accept the child...

we held a signed copy and they were given one to keep.. failure to pay and we brought out our copy, few failed to pay.

Those that di were given admin fee for every letter added to the bill.. this was also on the agreement..

Inge

i recently started issuing warnings reminding them (showing copy of signed form given to us before child started agreeing to paying weekly in full) and saying no extra hours would be allowed on top of free entitlement until bill was settled. I also sent one parent a more detailed letter saying no post dated cheques as she tried to sneak one past me! most are fine but one or two are outrageous and full of excuses and it's not usually the ones in the most dire financial circumstances. but it is usually the ones who want to 'get rid' of the children for as much time as possible so calling their bluff about lunch clubs etc usually works!

We too have 1 person who never pays on time - they now only attend 1 session per week and every month it's the same.

The child leaves on friday to go to school so if the money doesn't come on Friday what chance is there of getting it? probably none.

It is part of our policy to send a text message to remind parents of late payment which works for most except this one.

Yes, it is a parent who doesn't work, could keep her at home for at least one of the sessions and.... ALWAYS COMES IN WEARING THE LATEST DESIGNER GEAR!! Grrrrrr.. Are you allowed to name and shame and all this then? I'm up for it, but the EY advisor would frown upon that big time!

we have put up a notice that says no payments no wages no staff no childcare

with the amount unpaid for that month . when someone pays we cross it out and revise it. If parents ask about why we are doing it we tell them honestly that parents often run up a bill and then walk. It is working so far only one or two not paid . it is dramatic but effective.

sue

Edited by suewhit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)