Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Job

Deb

Hi

Just wanted to share my good news.....I have just been offered, and accepted, a job as manager of a pre-school starting September. Some of you may recall I have been looking for a suitable position for some time now, having turned one offer down and been unsuccessful in others. Perseverence is a quality I have luckily! So keep on trying to everyone in a similar position.

I have been involved with my current setting for 19 years one way or another so it will be a bit of a wrench. Already had some lovely comments from parents. Seems a bit surreal at the moment.

I am looking forward to the challenge, I know from reading all the posts on here it will not be an easy task at times but I know where to come for support and advice - so watch this space....

Great news Deb, congratulations on your new job. :(

So, a busy summer hols preparing or a relaxed summer hols building up the energy reserves? :o

I look forward to hearing about all the positives of your new job :( and as others have said, any 'difficulties' then we are always here. xD

Peggy

Well done and huge congratulations I hope to be posting a similar post very soon, fingers crossed and be prepared for all the mixed emotions. :oxD:(

Many congratulations, Deb!

See? Patience is a virtue!

Maz

Thanks Maz, just googled 'patience is a virture' and found this....a like the 'stoic endurance' comment!

If patience is a virtue why does it hurt so much?

"PATIENT" comes from Latin — patiens, derived from pati, suffer, which also sired "passion" that used to signify the suffering of martyrs, long before it got sexy. Certainly, the suffering came first; later came the quality of mind that allows you to put up with the pain. Patience, wrote Ambrose Bierce, is "a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue". Do it well and it's "stoic endurance".

Congratulations Deb!

You must be feeling very pleased with youself and so you should be!! :o

Always good to hear that someone has got a new job!

Good luck to you too Shirel, keep us posted!!

Edited by Guest