Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Best Laid Plans And All That!

Just wanted a bit of a moan if thats ok! I am taking my rather large and although lovely quite tricky (bless em) reception class to the zoo tomorrow. I have been planning this for well over 2 months, sent out permission forms with dates on that i wanted to recieve forms and money by(June), sent out free school meals forms so we knew how many packed lunches the kitchen needed to make, and asked the correct amount of adults to come. Spent the weekend sorting out groups so as to make sure the little darlings would not upset one another and everyone was in a group with someone they had a good relationship with. Then this lunchtime 2 of my adult helpers pulled out, and i am still chasing some parents for the money to go and far more importantly the permission slips to take them! That on top of an extrememly fraught day in which my litttle ones with behaviour needs have chosen today to "pull out all the stops" and do their worst! Thus terrifying me of how they will behave at the zoo tomorrow! Also have just decided should probably take extra food with me becuase some will no doubt turn up tomorrow with no packed lunch and if Im not careful I will be the one with nothing to eat!! To cap it all FOUR parents then came back at the end of the day to ask if tomorrow was the zoo trip day as they didnt believe their children. I refrained from reminding them I gave them the letter 2 months ago!! If you see it in the paper on Wednesday morning you will all know its me! (I feel better now :o )

It will all be worth it when you see their faces tomorrow.

You never know, the permission slips, payments, lunches, etc might all arrive without a hitch and the difficult ones minght have got it out of their systems today.

Well, it is possible!

I hope it goes well tomorrow and that you get to enjoy the day too.

No throwing them to the lions!

Oh dear I feel like tis every time there is a school trip. Parents seem to live in a daze and forget there ARE other children in the class apart from their own.

Good luck, I'm sure everything will go fine tomorrow. Keep smiling :o

Well I got through today and I dont think anything that bad happened that warrants us being in the papers so I think thats a sucess. The weather was awful and the adult helpers were obviously made of sugar as they had to stay sheltered whilst my poor kids happily ate their lunch in the pouring rain. But Hey ho its done with and the children had a good time which was what it was all about. Thank you for all your replies last night they cheered me up! Off to the pub for a nice glass of wine - reports can wait until tomorrow!! :o