Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold

Hello! This is my first post so forgive me if it all goes wrong!!!

I am currently trying to complete my Threshold application. I am the FS Coordinator at a Nursery School and I have been here for a year!! I just dont really know where to start and I cannot see that all of the standards are particularly matched to my experience!!

Anyway, what I was wondering is, has anyone got a copy of their application that I have a read of and just get a feel of the types of information that they are looking for!! I have been putting it off for weeks now!

Thanks xx

Hi Charlotte - can't help with your question - sorry - but just wanted to say hi and welcome - congratulations on making your first post.

I'm sure someone will come along soon to help you!

Sunnyday

I've got mine - don't know if it will be any help, but pm me and I can email it to you.

I have mine to so pm me aswell n i will email this to you aswell

Thank you guys!! I have been looking on the internet but the examples are either from primary or secondary schools & I can't see how my experience links in.

Thank you soo much for the offer of sending your applications I will message you now!!

Cxx

• 1 month later...

Hi, another first timer here, made brave that someone else is having a similar problem to me!

I have made a (very) last minute decision to put in my threshold but I am really struggling with standard P4 (Have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the different types of qualifications and specifications and their suitability for meeting learner's needs). Just can't seem to grasp what it is asking of me.

People I have asked keep saying 'its's about your professional development' but it's under the heading of assessment and monitoring which then throws me off completely.

Am I reading too much into it...apparently I do that a lot!

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Does it mean that your qualifications are up to date for what you do, but you have knowledge of other training, ie Forest Schools, IWB, ASD, Circle Time, and how these things benefit the children? How you assess and monitor your own personal development against the needs of the children in your care?

Does it mean that your qualifications are up to date for what you do, but you have knowledge of other training, ie Forest Schools, IWB, ASD, Circle Time, and how these things benefit the children? How you assess and monitor your own personal development against the needs of the children in your care?

Cait it's based on the school's performance management process in the past we had to provide evidence now the school's performance management evidence will be used.

"From 1st September 2009 (Round 10), schools will use the outcomes of their last two performance reviews to assess whether a teacher meets the post threshold standards. At this point, teachers will no longer need to provide separate evidence in support of a threshold application.

It is extremely important that those teachers wishing to apply for threshold ensure that the outcomes of their performance management reviews, in the 2 years preceding their application, provide evidence to show how they meet the post threshold standards.

From September 2009 onwards there will be a 14 month threshold application window in line with the PM cycle (1st September 2009 - 31st October 2010). Successful Applicants will be paid from September 2010"

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I am applying in round 9, should have applied in round 8 but didn't. That's why I'm applying now, as I will lose out on the backpay if I wait till round 10. Unfortunately only just found out this at the end of July, which hasn't left me with a lot of time.

Am getting extremely stressed!

A friend ahs given me the guidance from her union (NASUWT) but that confuses me more than having no guidance, because I just can't see how some of the places they are suggesting drawing your evidence from correspond to the standards.

ARRRRGGGGHHH!

Sorry can't offer any help I did mine in round 2 and it's changed many times since then. I think the problem is the standards weren't written for early Years teachers so don't quite match what we actually do.

Good Luck

I believe that P4 is one of those standards that applies more to teachers of older pupils because its referral is to the different types of qualifications that are suitable for different children in your class, how they work and what they expect of the learners.

It builds on C11 so look at that (I cant remember it off hand but I think its about assessment arrangements and processes) but comes before E4 which is more about analysis of data and its use to raise standards of teaching and learning.

I've finished!!! :o

Thankfully and just in time. Thanks for your suggestions and comments. I found an NAHT document for headteachers to use when assessing threshold applications and that really helped too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)