Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disciplinarary Hearing. Today At 10 Am

UPDATE

Well i had the hearing, all very informal which suited me... the outcome a written warning for failure to address a child protection issue promptly, don't really know how i feel about it, but no point arguing when two people are saying that i knew... my word against there's kind of thing.

a clear action plan to move forward and a note on my file for the next year so i won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Dawn

Hi,

wish me luck, my heariing is at 10 am today, i have been informed i have to go.... but then again i now want it all over and done with.

Dawn

Edited by Guest

UPDATE

Well i had the hearing, all very informal which suited me... the outcome a written warning for failure to address a child protection issue promptly, don't really know how i feel about it, but no point arguing when two people are saying that i knew... my word against there's kind of thing.

a clear action plan to move forward and a note on my file for the next year so i won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Dawn

For those of you who didn't notice, Dawn edited her original post with an update.

Dawn, I'm glad it's over and you "sound" more upbeat! What happened to the members of staff who brought this matter to you?

Hope the action plan helps and that you can look back on this as a learning experience - it's certainly made me realise the importance of active listening, questionning and making notes when apparently small concerns are brought to my attention.

Take care of yourself and put this behind you.

Nona

UPDATE

Dawn

Glad to know that you are still there and that means that they do wish to keep you, so that is possitive :o . All the best for the next working year.

Thats tough Dawn.

Now make sure that top of your to do list is to join a Union. We cant any of us afford not to do that when we work with children. Next time it could be a parent complaining unjustly.