Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Masks

Hello all,

One of my children has asked if we can make masks next week - fabulous, I thought, a child initiated activity!

Just wondering if anyone has a good idea for mask making, I can easily find animal templates on t'internet but wondered if anyone has done a mask activity that is very creative and enjoyable?

All ideas gratefully received!

ppp

We've been making carnival masks as it is our local carnival soon and we will be parading while playing musical instruments made from recycled materials!!

paper plates are good for bases, then children can stick whatever they like on them, you can either attach a lolly stick for holding or elastic for wearing

we too used paper plates and lolly sticks or elastic if they wished, they could be cut to half or full face, and noses cut out etc, children all had their own ideas on how to cut them, some needed help bit it was their idea where to cut.

we always had a policy of no glitter on masks, did not want it in eyes, so provided larger shiny paper instead. and anything else they could find in the craft area.. feathers were always a big attraction as were flowers.. we used PVA glue coloured with paint to stick with, did 2 jobs at once

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)