Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Under The Sea

OK, we are currently doing a topic on 'under the sea' and the children are really enjoying it and bringing in lots of books, toys etc.

Today a child asked me:

"Does an octopus have a bottom"xD , I said I would expect so. She replied "well were is it, because it puts it food up there" (gesturing up her skirt i.e. like the octopus puts it's food under its body and into its beak) (does that make sense!!)

SO you good folks, where does an octopus have its bum and where does the poo come out of! (I know that will be the next question) :( I've had a quick look on google and one person says they poo out of their mouths :o is that right?

Well....you learn something new every day :o

We have been making a 3D underwater scene this week - the children painted a big 'tray shaped' cardboard box, cut out and coloured fish - then added glitter/sequins, cut out and painted seaweed - some fish glued to back of box - some hung from thread towards the front....are you following this?...made seabed with tissue paper and added real shells - all looks really cool!

Well we think so anyway xD

Sunnyday

Guest bobby
Ah Zebedee asked me "How's Sunnyday tonight" when he saw I was on here!!! hehehehehehe

Whenever we do under the sea as a topic we look at real fish from the fishmonger and the most fascination has been when we have brought in a real octopus. They are easily available from the fishmonger and the children are fascinated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)