Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Visits

Does anybody out there know the EYFS document like the back of their hand (hmmmm, almost) and know off the top of their head of any quote in there or on any of the cards that says that home visits are good practice? or anything by OFSTED?

We've got our new parents' evening tomorrow evening and I know one parent in particular thinks they're a ridiculous idea - obviously I'm not going to force anyone to have a home visit, but I want to make sure everyone knows the rationale behind them. I've got my own things to say, but it'd be great to back myself up with something more 'official'!

Thanks

If you search on Google for the EYFS site you might be able to search within the site for any reference to home visits. That is the only way I find anything in the EYFS!

If you search on Google for the EYFS site you might be able to search within the site for any reference to home visits. That is the only way I find anything in the EYFS!

What a brilliant tip!

I have never thought of doing that - doh!

Sunnyday

What a brilliant tip!

Why thank you! Answering questions on here though is only an avoidance tactic on my part you know! Really have to get some work done.....

Couldn't find anything specific on EYFS site, but googled 'home visits early years' and came up with this, which I might photocopy part of for parents.

www.atl.org.uk/Images/The%20early%20years.pdf - Similar

:o quote name='holly35' date='Jun 23 2009, 20:35' post='203069']

Why thank you! Answering questions on here though is only an avoidance tactic on my part you know! Really have to get some work done.....

xD:(:( Unlike me then........always up to date with all work before coming on here!!!

Ha HA!!

An effective settling-in system gives parents, children and practitioners

sufficient time to get to know each other well before children are separated

from their parents. An agreed settling in policy might include:

• advance planning of admissions

home or initial visits

• periods of time when parents support children as they get used to the

nursery or reception class

• special planning for the first day

• ways of supporting children and parents at the point of parting, and reuniting

• guidance for parents on ways to help children at times of change.

Its from the guidance on Key persons in reception classes which can be located here

Also see p10 of the revised May 08 version statutory framework

Details of the amendment:Paragraph 1.16, 2nd bullet, the wording has been amended to clarify that we do not expect all settings to make home visits, although some may wish to do so.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)