Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

Hi all

I have started to put our SEF on line-well I have done the introduction bit and started a couple of others. One of our advisors suggested we use our last inspection report for the general information bit, updating the parts that need it such as number on role etc.

My problem is it is sounding very detached as the old report talks about the setting or group. I was wondering how other groups were wording theirs? Are you writing it as we or as the setting. I think I am going to have to change it as it is reading as very impersonal at the moment.

Thanks

Linda

I have used 'we' as it just felt more appropriate to me. I can't imagine it matters, so I would go for what you feel comfortable with.

Good lucj with it

Gruffalo2 :o

We were told that whatever you put in the introduction about your setting is what the Inspector will 'lift' straight into the report so it is worth checking it carefully and making sure that it it what you want people to read about you!

We've used 'we' and I would definitely advise this, it makes you sound more like a team working together and it personalises the whole thing. Even Ofsted inspectors have emotional responses to such things (I believe?) although I'm sure it wouldn't change their judgements.

Thanks everybody for your replies. I had a quick look at the other thread you mentioned Cait and they are far better. You know when you have a gut feeling that something's not quite right? Off to make the changes now!!

Linda

Well done then Cait and congratulations for having the self determination it get it done. Better than me!

Gruffalo2 :o

Just wanted to say that we had ofsted in on Friday and the inspector had not seen our SEF (its been online about a month). She said that they don't get them because they are not compulsory! Obviously I was a bit miffed after all that work so gave her a copy anyway. For her information bit she took the details from our previous inspection and went through updating it line by line.

Not sure if this will help anyone be inspired to get the sef's done!

Caro

Just wanted to say that we had ofsted in on Friday and the inspector had not seen our SEF (its been online about a month). She said that they don't get them because they are not compulsory! Obviously I was a bit miffed after all that work so gave her a copy anyway. Caro

Not surprised you were a bit miffed. My SEF took blood sweat and tears to complete :o and I would be miffed to say the least.

I wonder if it is another aspect that 'depends on the inspector'? Some people have had inspectors who have downloaded and read the SEF so perhaps it is a case of they can if they want to.

I know that if I was an OFSTED inspector I would look to see if my 'intended settings' had submitted a SEF if for no other reason I am nosey and would like to have an idea of what I was going to see when I arrived xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)