Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nice One, Steve!

Sue R

It's the third Lord of the Rings film mousebat - a number of us sad souls have been addicted for decades. First the books, then the films... :o

And the extended version (!) of the third one is coming out next week. As Jennyk points out, the original was nearly 3.5 hours, and the extended version puts another three quarters of an hour on top!

Sorry....... I should have known. Thanks for enlightening this poor soul

but shhh don't tell Mr Mousebat about the extended version

We do actually have the other films I've just asked the Big Mouse. He's a huge Lord of the Rings fan I am not! Please don't tell him about the new extended version otherwise this Santa will have to buy it him for Christmas instead of the usual block of cheese and I will have to find something else to do for 4 hours!! :o

We have been out today and treated ourselves to a home cinema system! Can't wait for 30th December to try it out with my Lord of the Rings indulgence day!!!

Linda

If I had to have the Lord of the Rings books on a desert island I'd use it to keep my fire going! (can I hear some gasps of shock and horror out there?)

I have tried to read the trilogy twice in my lifetime but gave up both times. I felt I was being tortured. Mr Mousebat is a huge fan and I hate it when he watches the films with his five speaker custom built surround sound system blearing.

It sounds as though you're really there.

If you can hear gasps from me mousebat I can assure you they are not from shock! I will willingly lend you a hand to use it to keep the fire going :( and can I closely follow it with the surround sound system from my lounge - I hate it, hate it hate it and in just in case I havent made it clear - I can't stand it!!! :o

Just a thought - who decided that 5 was the required number of speakers. I wonder- do all systems have 5??? xD We have one in each corner of the room and the fifth stuck somewhere else. I am still trying to find the off button for the things :(

I dont condem you for your lack of interest in the book, it will come, somebody wrote of Lord of the Rings ' There are two kinds of people in the world those who have read it and those who will' :D:D (burn it indeed!! :o ) :D

Sorry will have to disagree...there are really three kinds of people ...those who have read it, those who will read it and those who will NEVER read it .

I am and always will be in the last category !! and I'm not ashamed to say so :(

Sorry but it will still keep me very warm on my desert island xD

I'd like to know who wrote the orginal quote!

ps. Sorry to offend you SueR!! :o

Hey SueR - have tried to read the books but found it less than a thrill I'm afraid. Mr Mouse doesn't understand me on this one either

Am I right in thinking you're a Led Zep fan? (There is a reason connected with LOTR)

To quote 'The English speeking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them' Sunday Times

Led Zep are good but Sabbath Rule :D