Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year Gifts For Children..

Well thought i'd give myself a 5 min break from writing these dreaded reports to pop on hear and test the water for some good ideas for end of term gifts for boys and girls in a year 1 class...

what 'different' gifts have you found and given before?

... can't wait to hear! :)

Weve got glitter shaker photo domes in one side is a photo of the child and in the other side is a message from the nursery.

Weve got glitter shaker photo domes in one side is a photo of the child and in the other side is a message from the nursery.

Ah that's lovely! Do you get the ones from Baker Ross or is there a better supplier?

Maz

Not sure how you fund yours? Mine come out of my own pocket sowith 30 I try to keep it cheap but personal. I took a photo of each child on our trip which I will laminate with a message. Printed them out at Tesco's so they are clear, lovely and glossy.

Not sure how you fund yours? Mine come out of my own pocket sowith 30 I try to keep it cheap but personal. I took a photo of each child on our trip which I will laminate with a message. Printed them out at Tesco's so they are clear, lovely and glossy.

that's lovely, especially if you try to take pics of friendship groups. Might pinch that idea!

We have 44 and its a book some years if we can afford it. There are only 3 of us so it can be a bit expensive.

I know the book people do cheap sets but the committee do those as the christmas presents.

Sam

We give loads of books as some of our children don't have many. we give them for Christmas, birthdays and end of year, always wiith a personalised label in and the 'reason' so that if parents want to treasure them they have that option. As I say, some of the children have very few books, so the 'treasuring' may not be an option for them. As a mum I always bought my children books if they asked; when we were out and about they knew that they could rely on that. We had a 'deal' - don't ask for sweets and rubbish because I'll probably say no - not always, but usually, but I will ALWAYS buy you a book.

Our loft is groaning now!

We have small teddy bears with pre-school t-shirts on them and a photo of the class on a cretificate for that year. All the children that leave have a little graduation cermony. Takes about 15 mins but is very emotional.

Kat

We have small teddy bears with pre-school t-shirts on them and a photo of the class on a cretificate for that year. All the children that leave have a little graduation cermony. Takes about 15 mins but is very emotional.

Kat

Love the 'teddy' idea - where do you get them from?

Sunnyday

Ah that's lovely! Do you get the ones from Baker Ross or is there a better supplier?

Maz

we got them from our local pound shop

We usually take a class photo and buy the plain wooden photo frames (3 for £1) from Ikea and get the children to decorate them - parents love it and they are cheap!

H

What lovely people you are.

Teaching is the only job where you buy stuff to bring into work rather than 'liberating' it in the opposite direction.

They don't pay you what you are worth, imho.

Sue (committee chair)