Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Race For Life

Hi,

well i have just got home from doing the 5K part of race for life, and guess what.... it rained and rained and rained, but what a brill atmosphere, and such a worthy cause.

This is the first time that i have ever done race for life, and despite the rain, i would definatly do it again.

I love my little medal :o ... am just about to start warming up, sat here in dressing gown under the duvet :-)

Dawn

Many congratulations! I'm impressed that you ran - we walked it a couple of years ago but we were fortunate to have a lovely warm evening! The messages on people's backs brought a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye and it does remind you what its all about!

Maz

Well done!!

I bet despite the rain it felt brilliant and next year you will be off to do your next one!!

I did my first one the summer after my Mum died.

It was emotioanlly exhausting but I was glad I did it.

The following year many of the school staff also did it........... excellent fun!!

After that we did it for a staff member to celebrate her life despite cancer.

Later this month, June 14th I am about to do my 9th race for life!!!!!!!!!!!

8 have been with my daughter, now 19 years old.

Its just an hour or so out of one day to do something for someone else.

I don't run though............... body not built for it.

Knees couldn't take the pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have finally thawed out :o tho i now really have achey legs LOL i did it with a bunch from work, and yes such an emotional experience, especially when they have a minute silence to remember all who have been affected by cancer.

i am very fortunate to never have been affected by cancer, or to have it affect anyone in my immediate family, or friendship groups, however two of my close friends have lost their mum's to cancer, so still a poignant (is this the word???) cause.... an excellent experience.

Thanks for all your congratulations and enthusiasm in this post.

Dawn

Well done to you...I am doing mine tomorrow with my four daughters...I lost a good friend last Saturday to bowel cancer, only 44yrs old and leaves two children and husband - it will be a poignant and emotional day but worth every minute.. :o

Edited by Guest

Hope it goes well for you tommorow, and that you maybe get a dry day. :o

Well done to you...I am doing mine tomorrow with my four daughters...I lost a good friend last Saturday to bowel cancer, only 44yrs old and leaves two children and husband - it will be a poignant and emotional day but worth every minute.. xD

Well done everyone! I did my third Race for Life last month, and it's such a fantastic day out. Luckily we had fantastic weather! I ran it (if you can call it that) with the girls from school - we put a team together every year as several of us have had various forms of cancer and it's brought us together. And of course there's the obligatory trip to the pub afterwards!!

Good luck for those of you who have your races coming up - hope it's a great day!

Jess :o

The rain held off and I completed with race with my four daughters alongside me....I found it very emotional this time and to be honest had a job to keep it together. xD ..funeral tomorrow...Positive thing though...love the fact that the opportunity to be with my girls and hold each other up emotionally helps us to grow strgonger as a family.... :o

Shirel - many congrats. on the race for life - and yes how special to do this with your daughters.

So sorry to hear that you have lost a friend - wish I had some real words of comfort for you.

I hope that the funeral goes as well as these things can.

Sending hugs

Sunnyday