Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do We Need To Know?

Cait

I had this email today - and I disagree with the sentiments! next year there'll be a 05:06:07: 08-09-10 ad nauseum!

"AT 5 MINUTES AND 6 SECONDS AFTER 4 A.M., ON THE 7TH OF AUGUST, THIS YEAR, THE TIME AND DATE WILL BE: 04:05:06 07-08-09

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL THE YEAR 3009!!!

I had a deep feeling that you just needed to know this"

Is anyone else sick of these 'round robin' emails that people think we MUST have and MUST forward or bad things will happen!!!!!!! :o

I had this email today - and I disagree with the sentiments! next year there'll be a 05:06:07: 08-09-10 ad nauseum!

"AT 5 MINUTES AND 6 SECONDS AFTER 4 A.M., ON THE 7TH OF AUGUST, THIS YEAR, THE TIME AND DATE WILL BE: 04:05:06 07-08-09

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL THE YEAR 3009!!!

I had a deep feeling that you just needed to know this"

Is anyone else sick of these 'round robin' emails that people think we MUST have and MUST forward or bad things will happen!!!!!!! :(

I actually think that's pretty cool. haha. xD

But I do hate those emails. :o

Oh Cait - they drive me mad!!!

One of my closest and oldest friends sends me something of this kind on an almost daily basis - I treasure our friendship and have no wish to hurt her feelings but...... I have just had to reply on several occasions with phrases such as 'sorry, perhaps it's me I just don't think that's funny' etc.etc. just a short while ago she she sent me one about a child that had been murdered a good few years ago - you almost certainly know what I'm referring to - I sent her a long email explaining that I found that all very disturbing etc.etc. with full details of how it had offended me and why I would definitely NOT be forwarding it to anyone else - but it's all to no avail......got another one a few days later about a supposed 'missing child' - she works in a busy office environment and these things land in her inbox and she just seems compelled to forward them....I give in!!!

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

I can't think of a good way of stopping them. I don't want to cause offence to the people who sent them but some of them are getting very political now and others are using shock tactics to get a message across. I also worry about them carrying viruses.

I just delete them (despite the dire warning of bad luck!!) and (very rarely forward) them as blind copies having deleted all other email addresses from them.

Just a thought - perhaps the emails are to blame for me messing up my assignments last term. I might have to start sending them on after all!

I have a pact with my close friends that we will only send on ones that make is really really laugh. I have also written to others and asked them not to send any (hopefully worded in a nice way) If they are offended by this, I am not sure they are truly friends.

Gruffalo2 :o

i get loads of those emails I tend to read them laugh at some and delete them rarely do I pass them on they are the modern day chain letter

I make a point of saying I dont mind recieving them but dont pass them on and if I do cut and past the funny bit and delete the threats of bad luck

must say im the sad person who looks for those silly number patterns on the clock or on the mileometer in the car

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago as my sister in law was driving me crazy sending rubbish every day. I sent her a link to an article - the original one seems to have gone, but I found it again elsewhere.

Email Etiquette

I am pleased to say that apart from a 'sorry if I have offended you' email, I haven't had any more emails from her. At all!! :oxD