Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Did You Do This Weekend.

Have just spent an enjoyable weekend at West Dean College near Chichester, where I stayed in an old county house, making willow decorations for Christmas, (no cooking or planning) but lots of yummy food and good company.

If you like arts and crafts you will love West Dean. www.westdean.org.uk

post-25-1102287039.jpg

We went to Ludlow for our wedding anniversary where there was a medieval Christmas fair. It was brilliant. All the stall holders were dressed up in costumes and a lot of the locals too. It was a wonderful sight and one I would recommend. We will definitely be going back.

Yours sounds to have been a good one too Mimi-how far in advance did you have to book? I would like to take my mum to something like that. Do they do any others apart from Christmas crafts?

Linda

Well, I stood in a field being whipped by wind and icy rain, ankle deep in thick mud, dithering with cold and with the smell of an open log fire wafting across us in our misery, while watching my son play rugby, he came off injured but we had to stay the course. Feet now nicely thawed :D

Wanna swop?? :o

well I went to London with 3 girl friends and we had a girlie weekend wothout our families . We went to see the phantom of... and had a lovely time. It was cold but there was no whining about feeling bored, hungry wanting the toilet(and thats just the husband!!!!!!! :D etc etc.

I feel energised and tired at the same time now. :o

On Friday I went to a 50th birthday party. It was an old school friend and turned out to be quite a reunion. It was wonderful (and rather scary at the same time!) talking about the almost 40 years we have known each other!!!!! Great fun!

:oxD:):D

Sounds really lovely Mimi. Have you been to the Chilli Fiesta at West Dean Gardens? What a place - if you like chillis and hot, spicy food, live music , etc. :o Have you ever tasted chilli ice cream - yummy :D

As for my weekend - just last minute plans for the next three weeks at Pre-school. xD

Sue J

I spent it doing my sons laundry .. 7 wash loads... he needed a dentist as he had toothache .. only appointment in his town 2 weeks .. so he came home just for the dentist and brought the washing!! ( he is away at uni and 250 miles away!!) Otherwise we had Diy, the lights in the living room played up, no water from the hot tap in the bathroom and a leak under the kitchen sink... they say things come in threes... All fixed now. Better luck next weekend.

Inge

Yes Linda West Dean do all sorts of craft courses and summer schools, the most popular ones get booked up quickly but others you can get onto at short notice, I love it there and have to limit the number I attend or I would be there every weekend, they run courses during the week - which of course I cannot attend as I am working, Look at their website www.westdean.org.uk look up short courses.

To Sue The Chilli festival was on during the week I went down for summer school - great fun, the grounds are amazing and what a garden centre!

Yes Steve, Chilli ice cream!! I was a bit cautious when I first tasted it, because I thought it would be hot (spicy) but in fact it wasn't. It had quite a nice flavour to it -can't describe it though!

There was also a chilli alcoholic drink - cider, I think it was.

There were lots of free samples, stuffed chillies, chutneys and jam - even chilli chocolate spread!!! :o

Must make a note to go again next year there were lots that I didn't sample. xD:(:D

Sue J

Yes Steve it is really good. If you look at www.westdean.org.uk you can see the diary for next year - August 6 and 7 is the date for your diary (if Helen has too much cider then she might do some salsa dancing!!)

Apparantly people come from miles - it's full of colour, noise and hot stuff!!

Sue J

I said "Wow" earlier in the chat room and now I am saying it again

WOW

I think they are absolutely lovely - I particularly like things that are different and these are really original and soooooo effective.

Well done you, you must have a great sense of achievement. :D

We had a great teacher - she did a demo and then we were given time to create your own, once you have the technical know how it is quite easy but you need a variety of green shrubs.