Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creating Minibeast Garden

Hi there everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun! I am sat in the garden contemplating how to create a minibeast garden, have some ideas but thought you might have more?

I am thinking about using an empty water tray and adding some soil, turf, stones, bark chipping, twigs, plants, real and plastic minibeasts

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

XXX

See if you can find an old log - I used one and the children loved popping the minibeasts into the nooks and crannies and trying to get them back out!

Lxx

PS Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making your first post!

Edited by Guest

Hi there everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun! I am sat in the garden contemplating how to create a minibeast garden, have some ideas but thought you might have more?

I am thinking about using an empty water tray and adding some soil, turf, stones, bark chipping, twigs, plants, real and plastic minibeasts

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

XXX

Hmm, that's strange - I thought I'd replied to this already, but now I have popped back there's just the original post.

What I suggested was some moss, and someone else had suggested a log. I also mused that you may get some real minibeasts from the moss and log.

Make sure you have lots of magnifying glasses

Oh - sounds good - have you got a 'compost bin' mine is 'alive' with various 'mini-beasts'.

I downloaded a brilliant mini-beast 'chart thingy' for identification purposes - think it was from sparlebox -will have a trawl and see if I've still got it - don't hold your breath though!

Carry on enjoying the sun isn't it lovely!

Sunnyday

Quick edit to say........welcome to the forum!!!

Edited by sunnyday

Hi and welcome Punto. Thank you for making your first post. I think there is a minibeast topic somewhere which might give you some more ideas if you search!

I am going to merge your duplicate thread and move it to the curriculum area!

Hi Punto and welcome to the Forum, for our Minibeast City we have quite a small dark corner I have put in 2 rotting logs and a huge stone - but not so heavy that the children can't move it. This area attracts, woodlice, slugs, centipedes and snails, nearby we have found an ant's nest. Last week of term we even found a toad sitting in there! If you to on the Woodland Trust site they have lots of interesting downloads for children to use.

Sorry, naturedetectives.org.uk is the web address

Edited by ANDERSPM

Hi and welcome Punto. Thank you for making your first post. I think there is a minibeast topic somewhere which might give you some more ideas if you search!

I am going to merge your duplicate thread and move it to the curriculum area!

AH!!!! that explains it! Thought I was going bonkers there! (well - shh Sunnyday) :o

I've put a photo of mine on sparklebox if you want to take a look :)

erm let me think...

Tuff Spot, magnifying glasses, telescope, clipboards, pencils. Paper, laminated numbers, shredded green paper, large, pebbles, gravel, moss, shells, spider plant, log, drift wood

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)