Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To Do List!

sunnyday

Ouch! :( You turned the lights off when I was still in there and I stubbed my toe on the empty party susan that someone left lying around on the floor. I may sue for compensation. How much does your solicitor charge, Geraldine?

Maz

Ah Maz sorry to hear about the toe injury and I totally agree you have a valid case for compensation but I will only pay half the amount you succeed in getting :o I hold my hands up and plead guilty to my part in causing your accident by turning the lights off. However, whoever left the empty party susan lying on the floor is surely also responsible. I think you are likely to receive a vast payout. Thankfully, due to unprecedented sales of my 'to do list' I am not concerned how much I will have to pay. I wish you a speedy recovery xD

Well I just became number 24 and I must say I love your colour coding system!

Maz

Good isn't it - mind you it took some brain power to get it just right and I am sure it is the main reason I am inundated with purchase requests for my brilliant invention :(:(

Edited by Geraldine

However, whoever left the empty party susan lying on the floor is surely also responsible. I think you are likely to receive a vast payout. Thankfully, due to unprecedented sales of my 'to do list' I am not concerned how much I will have to pay. I wish you a speedy recovery xD

Well it had a few fragments of that funny german spicy sausage on it... :o

Maz

Well it had a few fragments of that funny german spicy sausage on it... :o

Maz

Phew! couldn't have been me then, I had the Outer Mongolian sausage, very tasty, slightly reminiscent of Yak meat I thought.

Has toe stopped throbbing now Maz?

Ooh I must have missed that, ANDERSPM - isn't Yak a bit like goat? :o

Well my toe is fine but I fear the party susan won't make it through... xD

Anyone fancy a soggy twiglet?

Maz

Hmm, looking at my list I've still a lot to do

1. Sort receipts into date order and file with statements, checking entries against accounts

2. Find the change of details for the EYFS sheet for when it was amended for forum pal - have texted deputy

3. Look for my 'Now we are 6' book for family poems for another forum buddy - have asked Zebedee to open loft - nope can't find it

4. Empty church safe and bank money, entering it into the file

5. Newsletter

6. Do the church risk assessments

7. Photocopy and laminate the new Ofsted certificate

8. Read through current prospectus and make any changes before passing it on at staff meeting

9. Agenda for staff meeting

10. Begin to work through website pages ready to make amendments

Edited by Cait

Cait, what I love about your to do list is that there is so much scope for putting things off. It could take at least a good day's foraging in the loft to find a particular book unless you had the foresight to use the Dewey system up there. I would probably only fiddle about with the church business i.e. move things from one pile to another to make it look as tho I had achieved something and of course, check receipts now that's pure genius, looking for the odd lost receipt I'd have to consider looking in a variety of places. Composing the newsletter, now I could spend a goodly while gazing into the middle distance coming up with articles for that.

Top stuff Cait, top stuff.

Have managed to write and send a fax this morning. Titivate in the kitchen, don't concern yourselves on part, no real work done there, tho did count the Sainsburys and Tesco vouchers and find we are 30 short for what we want! and have made the major decision to try the play dough recipe posted on here today, rather than my own - cooked on the hob.

Regarding poor, old, dear, defective susan I'm sure with a little coaxing and possibly dare I say application she may yet raise herself up and come to the rescue of yet another cheese and wine.

Regarding poor, old, dear, defective susan I'm sure with a little coaxing and possibly dare I say application she may yet raise herself up and come to the rescue of yet another cheese and wine.

You had wine? How did I miss that? :o

Wasn't that what was in the glasses behind the cocktails?

And what were those white things - no-one ever did tell me

Oh - hello Maz, didn't see you there behind me - hope I didn't knock your elbow and spill wine down you

Edited by Cait

Should I be colour coding and allotting time?

TUT TUT Cait do pay attention my dear girl :(

Didn't you hear what Miss Beau said yesterday :o

Right! That's enough procrastination and prevarication all of you! You all have a long to do list and there is only one thing for it.

Create a table, order the things on your to do list, work out how long each will take, colour code it all and then come back here to report! xD

Didn't you hear what Miss Beau said yesterday :o

Well I have it on good authority that Miss Beau is currently planning her afternoon which largely seems to revolve around sitting by the pool and drinking long refreshing drinks. So I'm sure she won't be checking up on us...

Maz

PS. What's a table?

Shoes, Marion are perfectly acceptable form of putting off the to do list. These items are, after all, crucial to life itself and must not be neglected under any circumstances and so much the better if their purchase can be coincided with a quick nip to the wine bar on a day like this to admire said purchase all the better.

Shoes, Marion are perfectly acceptable form of putting off the to do list.

Actually I think 'buying shoes' should be the first thing on any to do list. "Shoes" can of course be substituted with anything the list's owner is particularly interested in. So mine would probably be 'eat chocolate'...

This is the best way I know of guaranteeing the successful completion of at least part of any to do list I write. :o

Maz

You're going to join Cait's support group for overachievers aren't you? xD

:(:(:( I was nearly hyperventilating I laughed so much at this :o :wacko: xD

Earlier on it was ANDERSPM's comment - is it me? is it the heat ? can someone explain why I find it SO SO SO funny!

Is it the clever subtleness of the link to our work because really we are all just having a bit of fun, last night I had tears of laughter rolling down my face and just now my poor other half thought i was having some sort of asthma attack/seizure and I don't suffer from either. I could only point to the Maz's comment as being the cause of my laughter and of course he did not get it AT ALL and that just made me laugh more - is there any hope for me :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

Afternoon ladies - have you missed me?

What do mean - no - that's not nice!

So.......how's that for self-control - anyone seen me on here today? Oh well OK......I popped in around 10am - just to see if there was anything that required my immediate attention! Oh Ok ..... so I did have another quick visit around !:30 - but I was in and out in a flash - doesn't count!

I have two big confessions to make - I am 'hanging my head in shame' - no.1 - the 'Party Susan' - it was me, yes, I left it on the floor - so sorry Maz - thing is, it was my first time in 'chat' (virgin territory) and no-one explained the rules - I thought that as it was Geraldine's party she would see to the clearing up - anyway she is in a far better financial position than me so I'm hoping she will keep to her promise of compensation.

No.2 and far more serious.... I have broken my own rules........ I have been ...... oh I can hardly bring myself to say the word..............cleaning.........I know, I know. Thing is, it was getting to the point of me having to ask visitors which 'jabs' they had had before I could let them in!!!!! Added to that, Mr Sunnyday has been engaged in 'manly pursuits' all day - grass cutting, shed stuff (what do men of a certain age do in their sheds - it's a mystery to me), he has even been on the roof fixing flashing.........no,no I didn't say he was flashing......I said fixing flashing!!!

So ... please don't think badly of me - the cleaning thing will not happen again for along, long time promise!

Laters

Sunnyday

I think we can forgive you - after all, I myself discovered the bathroom through he dust motes from the sunshine yesterday. Zebedee says he daren't use it now and actually decided to wash his hands in the kitchen sink rather than soil the bathroom one earlier!

I could only point to the Maz's comment

What kind of status have I achieved here that I am referred to as "the Maz"? Am I on a par with "the Hoff"? xD

I have two big confessions to make - I am 'hanging my head in shame' - no.1 - the 'Party Susan' - it was me, yes, I left it on the floor - so sorry Maz - thing is, it was my first time in 'chat' (virgin territory) and no-one explained the rules

Well I think you're only admitting to this in the hope that we won't spot the really upsetting thing in your post, Sunnyday. The fact that you have done

housework

today is something I would normally find unforgiveable, however since I was mean enough not to spot that you were struggling last night in chat, I will be magnanimous and forgive you entirely. Just promise me not to do any for a long, long time!

Hey ho - back to continuous provision planning - number 786 of my 'to do' list. :o

Maz