Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Science/investigation Activities

well some of the ones we have used have been bicarbonate soda and vinegar-causes a mini-explosion

ice cubes string and salt causes string to stick

i'll have to think of some more and get back to you!!

melting chocolate in their hands - yum! They hold it whilst you read Michael Rosen's poem about chocolate

Oh and there's that thing from the cbeebies advert with the floating and sinking

Edited by Cait

Magnets - what do they stick to?

Trying to mix oil and water.

Standing white flowers in water with food colouring.

What do plants need? Try growing seedlings without light/water/soil

How does the angle of a ramp change the speed at which a toy car goes down it?

Making shakers with different fillings and predicting what they would sound like.

Plucking elastic bands on a shoebox, making them tighter and looser.

Balloon rockets - Put a straw on some string stretched across the room, fix a balloon to the straw, blow it up and then let go and watch it shoot along the string - great fun.

I'll keep thinking.

well some of the ones we have used have been bicarbonate soda and vinegar-causes a mini-explosion

We planned to make volcanoes this week but when it came to it we didn't have enough bicarb. So we did an experiment to see which was the best thing to use - three children each made volcanoes but using different ingredients: cream of tartar, baking power and bicarb.

Turned it into a proper experiment and the 'winner' was thrilled when hers provided the most spectacular eruption! :o

Maz

hi

we did a fantastic experiment last week.....even i was excited.

we got a big cheap fizzy cola bottle and a pack of mentos. we unscrewed the bottle and put as many mentos as we could in......n then you see what happens. its like a froth firework.

floating and sinking

drawing rnd shadows in the morning and see how they have moved in afternoon.

cant think of anymore at the mo!!

Wow guys u are fabaroony!!!!

Cant wait to try some of the activities will try and get the little book i think as i lack confidence in this area i need to know prior to doing something why it happens in terms that children understand.

Thanks again would love to here more if anyone has any

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)