Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cleaning Rota

Hi all

Firstly never posted before, so hope I'm doing it right :o

Just wondered if any of you use a cleaning rota for your house and toys?

Any ideas or examples would be great!

I just don't know where to start xD

Thanks

Netta

I havent got an example to show you but mine is just the names of the toys down the left hand

side of an A4 sheet of paper then across the top boxes for each month. The staff then tick and write the date the toys were cleaned- hope this helps xx

Hi

I wanted to welcome you to the forum even though I don't have a rota to share.

Whatever method you use to record the cleaning at least with the summer coming you might be able to have fun cleaning the toys in the garden with your children...soapy water always makes for hours of fun :o

Sue

What we had was a list of things, separated out into those things which we decided needed cleaning daily, weekly, monthly, termly etc. The daily/weekly things you could put on a sheet which is laminated and ticked as done, then wiped clean at the start of the week. All other items could just be listed and dated when completed so that you can see at a glance what has been done and which is waiting to be done. :o

Hi netta and welcome to the forum.

Great advice already - so nothing to add - except with reference to the 'house cleaning' - would anyone like to get some practice in and come and clean mine?!!!!!

Sunnyday

Thank you everyone for your replies and welcome. You have given me lots of ideas.

Thanks.

I liked the idea of splitting things into daily monthly termly etc.

Done that much paper work just lately think my head is mashed :o

Hi netta and welcome to the forum.

Great advice already - so nothing to add - except with reference to the 'house cleaning' - would anyone like to get some practice in and come and clean mine?!!!!!

Sunnyday

So proud of this I just have to share...I cleaned my oven yesterday. Its a clear glass door not smoked. Who knew?

Do you rotate how often each box of toys get used? You can pop a pillow case full into the washing machine as they are put away, duplo, lego, stikkle bricks etc. Dolls can go n the bath, a any cuddly toys can go into the freezer for 24 hours to help kill bugs.

So proud of this I just have to share...I cleaned my oven yesterday. Its a clear glass door not smoked. Who knew?

This made me laugh xD:(:(

I've just cleaned my oven shelves using that oven cleaner in a bag. Wonderful stuff........very sad when sparkling oven shelves can make you dance around the kitchen!! :(

Children in my setting today tipped a load of duplo into the water tray and busied themselves washing it.....lots of bubbles and laughter. One job less for us this Friday! :o

You can pop a pillow case full into the washing machine as they are put away, duplo, lego, stikkle bricks etc.

Hi Rea

Just loved this idea! Will make life so much easier this half term!!!! Tried a cleaning rota at one

time but not many staff came forward to help! Funny that hey - who would of thought no one

interested in extra duties :oxD

dottyp

We used to ask parents to help with cleaning at the end of term. A tip I was given is to put a list of jobs on the board and after a week if a parent hasnt put their name down for a job you say to them 'I noticed you havent put your name on the list, I take it that means you dont mind which job you have, thanks for that'. It works too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)