Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Causing Accidents At Pre-school

sunnyday

Lovely afternoon at pre-school today, we only have our 'big ones' on a Tuesday!

So there I am with a roll of masking tape in hand preparing boxes for our painting activity tomorrow when 3 little boys come over and ask what I'm doing.

So..........I said ......well actually I am going to pull off lots of this tape and tape you three together!!! This was greeted with shrieks of laughter and they all ran away! Well .... one of them went under a table and banged his poor little ear ... his laughter obviously very quickly turned to tears - I was able to comfort him quickly and easily - thank goodness, but I really did feel awful.

Filled in the accident report and mum signed and I confessed that it was all my fault, what lovely mums I have she said ........"but that's one of the reasons they all love you so much because you are so much fun"!

How sweet of her - I still feel pretty bad though - it was hardly the most sensible thing to have done!

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

Oh it's happened to us all! They are unpredictable little souls and that's why we love them too! So, he won't do that again, but you probably will - albeit not in quite the same way. He'll have learnt not to run under tables and you? well probably like me you'll keep on making them squeal with delight at every opportunity!

Guest MaryEMac

Oh Sunnyday, you sound just like me. I sometimes go to playgroup with a tickle monster in my pocket and invariably the children run screaming away and occasionally there are bumps and tears. So I have to ground the tickle monster for a little while. :o . The children always ask where he is and often look in my pocket for him.

I know it is awful when you have to own up to mum that it was your fault. The children usually tell mum that they had fun with the tickle monster.

Mary

I had an incident too today. I dropped a playdoh box on someone's head. Poor little thing was being really helpful (for a change!) too and helping to tidy toys into the cupboard! I didn't really hurt him but he is one of those who can wail for England. He eventually forgave me but it was the first thing out of his mouth when mum walked in.

Haha - the first thing out of one of mine this evening on pickup was "'H' weed on the carpet - goodness, she could wee for England!" Mum's face was a picture! (as was 'H's mum's who was behind)

aw hahaha aw bless!!! i love the fun chasing games with children(if only we have the space)

i had an incisnt today too!!weplayed a lovely game of sleepinglions but one little child who is very good at the game wasn't waking up,one child pulled her hair very har his eply was'but i'm waking her up'i felt bad haha but hey happens to us all!!!

We have a theme going here I caused a black eye last week.

My little terror was being really good and cleaning the paint off the door he's decorated for us. Unfortuantley I didn't know he was there and opened the door and got soaked because he had thrown the water at the door, right at that moment to clean it off.

He was so shocked to see me there , he threw the empty bucket in the air and yep hit his friend in the face and he now has a shiner.

I was so apologetic to the mum ..... it really wasn't my terrors fault......

Oh bless. How lovely that the parents took it in exactly the right way. Sometimes that's not always the case!

I've had similar things happen to me at work for sure.