Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Online

Gezabel

Hi Sunnyday

We were due for an inspection June/July time so it was sort of expected. I checked at 6am Friday morning and it was still unlocked as it was after the inspection Friday evening.

Carol

Hi Sunnyday

We were due for an inspection June/July time so it was sort of expected. I checked at 6am Friday morning and it was still unlocked as it was after the inspection Friday evening.

Carol

Thank you Carol

Sunnyday

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed they seemed to have changed the layout of SEF online

It used to say the submitted date but now there is another box beside it saying the name of the person who submitted it?

How long has that been there - I haven't been checking as often as I was and just wondered when they changed it!!!!

Just want to say that our SEF wasn't locked and when I asked the inspector if she had read it, she said that they didn't because they aren't compulsory! This was two weeks ago. After all that work I plonked a hard copy in her hands and left her to get on with it. The thing that annoyed me most was that she and I spent ages going through the details of our opening times, number of staff, children, qualifications etc which is all in the SEF. Oh well if a jobs worth doing its worth doing twice I suppose.

Caro

Just want to say that our SEF wasn't locked and when I asked the inspector if she had read it, she said that they didn't because they aren't compulsory! This was two weeks ago. After all that work I plonked a hard copy in her hands and left her to get on with it. The thing that annoyed me most was that she and I spent ages going through the details of our opening times, number of staff, children, qualifications etc which is all in the SEF. Oh well if a jobs worth doing its worth doing twice I suppose.

Caro

Well I never xD That would have made me really cross too :o

How did your inspection go Caro? Oh ...perhaps you are not allowed to say yet.

Sunnyday

Just finished silently swearing at incompetent big O website which will not let me back on to make a start my next sef. I have to phone and get a new token, why oh why is it never easy......

Hi sunnyday

I couldn't have told you yesterday, but today I can say - we are outstanding. I am so relieved, didn't really believe it until I saw it in writing. But not reading the SEF just baffles me. Why are we doing it if not for Ofsted?

Caro

I am impressed that so many of you could actually submit your SEF's online - we tried and tried over a period of months from Oct- Feb - it wouldn't let us submit it - I tried to email Ofsted about the problem and typed in my request plus annoyance at spending a considerable amount of time and effort - and guess what the Ofsted email service returned my email stating web error....so no longer bothering with online - did a paper copy, along with cover letter of complaint and got cert. of proof of posting. Asked Ofsted to acknowledge receipt of paper SEF sent in Feb - guess what still waiting to hear from them??

Hi sunnyday

I couldn't have told you yesterday, but today I can say - we are outstanding. I am so relieved, didn't really believe it until I saw it in writing. But not reading the SEF just baffles me. Why are we doing it if not for Ofsted?

Caro

Woohoo! - That's fantastic - you must be thrilled - many congratulations - hope you have a special celebration planned!!!

Sunnyday

I am impressed that so many of you could actually submit your SEF's online - we tried and tried over a period of months from Oct- Feb - it wouldn't let us submit it - I tried to email Ofsted about the problem and typed in my request plus annoyance at spending a considerable amount of time and effort - and guess what the Ofsted email service returned my email stating web error....so no longer bothering with online - did a paper copy, along with cover letter of complaint and got cert. of proof of posting. Asked Ofsted to acknowledge receipt of paper SEF sent in Feb - guess what still waiting to hear from them??

Honestly...how rude.

Don't think I'm going to bother - haven't written the blessed thing yet......summer holiday job - deep joy :o

Sunnyday