Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding Children

have today been on a safeguarding children course - was given a list of things that must be included in your policy -

1.the name of person who is resposible for safegurading children in the setting with contact numbers for when that person is not available

2.contact numbers for the duty child protection team in local social services department

3.the process that individual practitioners should follow if

they think a child may be being abused by someone in the setting or elsewhere

a child discloses abuse

there are concerns or allegation about the behaviour (current or in the past) of a staff member or volunteer towards the children

4.details of how allegations or concerns about specific incidents of abuse are to be recorded and kept confidential

5. a written code of behaviour outlining good practice when working with children. this should make a statement about positive physical contact; something that recognises that young children require lots of physical contact - being comforted,read to or in case of babies being fed - practitioners will touch and hug them as part of daily care.this must be balanced with guidance about behaviour that is appropriate,starting with behaviour that children themselves reject. specifically the code of behaviour could cover bullying, racism,controlling anger ,responding to aggression,intimate care takss(nappy changes,taking to the toilet) appropriate and inappropriate toucing,sexual behaviour and working with colleagues and parents.

dont know if its of use to anyone - i know the psla covers all these areas but not everyone has these policies

dont know if its of use to anyone - i know the psla covers all these areas but not everyone has these policies

Thank you for this last sentence! I was just thinking UGH!!! something else on my to do list!

Thank you for that info. - I have emailed our local authority child safeguarding officer (or whatever she is called!) just this week to run my policy past her for confirmation that it is 'up to scratch' - so far not even an acknowledgement of receipt of my email!!!

ho hum!

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)