Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

May 2009 Competition

Beau

This months competition is hopefully not too difficult - apologies if it is! :o I have prepared some anagrams for you to solve. You might notice that they all follow a theme which will hopefully make them slightly easier once you are in the swing. xD

When you have finished please do not post the answers in this thread!

Just pm them to me before the closing date of 29th May 2009. If there is more than one entry with 20 correct answers the names will be drawn at random. The winner will receive a cheque for £20 and there will be the usual FSF mug, badge or pen on offer for the runner up.

Good luck everyone! :(

1. MASSES SENT (10)

2. INTRICATE PRO (12)

3. A TOP VIOLINIST PERISHES (8,13)

4. TOT IS ANGRIER (12)

5. RUIN SCEPTICAL VICE (9,8)

6. TRAP ENSNARES STRAP (7,2,8)

7. PERKY NOSE (3,6)

8. DIM CHILDREN (11)

9. SEQUEL WRITER FREEMAN (7,12)

10. CHIC CLARET AD (9,3)

11. LUCKY TIMING ON WAGER (5-6,7)

12. IS BRA VETO ON (11)

13. EVENT IN MORN (11)

14. ONE GAME BEN WILL TOIL (9,9)

15. PROLIFIC PRUNES (4,10)

16. NOT AS DEAF OUTING (10,5)

17. IT MEANS PENS PER CHILD (6,3,10)

18. TYPIST RECEIVED RINGS (10,9)

19. NICK TILTING CHAIR (8,8)

20. SEE BIRD AVOID USING CORN (11,10)

And if you have solved them all and have time on your hands :( feel free to post your own anagrams in this thread for others to solve. :(

OOhh Goody, I love these - shame I've got lots and lots and lots of work to do - maybe just a ten minute bash! :(

You have all month so can just work on one or two a day! :(

This is some clever plot to divert me from those mice :(

As if. xD . will have a go though..

but must be off to sound the horn.... :o

Inge

But you need a diversion whilst you're waiting to sound the horn again, and what better thing than a few anagrams. xD

I've got 7 of them

Well done Cait, at least now I know they're not impossible. It's always difficult to gauge! :wacko:

Need some help please to pm the answers do you click on the name then go onto sent message as I have never done this before.

Thanks Rosie

Need some help please to pm the answers do you click on the name then go onto sent message as I have never done this before.

Thanks Rosie

Yes, click on my name, then click 'Send Message' and it will take you to your own 'messenger' section with a white box that looks exactly like a reply box. The Recipients name (Beau in this case!) should already be filled in. You can either type out or copy and paste your answers into the text box, or attach your answers as a word document. There is a special 'attachements' box beneath the main large white box to do this, where you can find the saved file on your computer and upload it.

If you are still having problems let me know and I will try to explain it in a different way. :o

well I may as well put my scrabble set away then and stop littering up the living room floor - I've managed 8 of them but number 10 was one of the first ones I got! My brain must be wired differently!

Perhaps the SEF should take a front seat in time for my eqisp anyway..

Would it be cheating if I take it to college on Monday and get my foundation degree mates to help?

No, providing you tell them you got it from the forum and they should join and have a go too. :( Will you share the money with them if you win or let them have a turn with the mug if you win that? :oxD

OOH my mug and pen arrived today from the book review! Fantastic. Sooo excited and so were the children at Preschool who watched me unwrap it when it was delivered before lunch!

OOH my mug and pen arrived today from the book review! Fantastic. Sooo excited and so were the children at Preschool who watched me unwrap it when it was delivered before lunch!

Aren't they great? And as they say, you have to be in it to win it! So anyone who wants one of these lovely items needs to enter our competition. :o

Yes, click on my name, then click 'Send Message' and it will take you to your own 'messenger' section with a white box that looks exactly like a reply box. The Recipients name (Beau in this case!) should already be filled in. You can either type out or copy and paste your answers into the text box, or attach your answers as a word document. There is a special 'attachements' box beneath the main large white box to do this, where you can find the saved file on your computer and upload it.

If you are still having problems let me know and I will try to explain it in a different way. :o

THANKS

I HAVE SENT IT BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING UP IN MY SENT FOLDER SO NOT SURE IF i HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY

rOSEMARIE

I HAVE SENT IT BUT IT IS NOT SHOWING UP IN MY SENT FOLDER SO NOT SURE IF i HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY

You might not have set up your messenger to automatically save sent messages to your sent folder, Rosemarie - I haven't either! Beau will let you know whether she's got it safely though! :o

Good luck with the competition - still haven't looked at it yet!

Maz

No, providing you tell them you got it from the forum and they should join and have a go too. :( Will you share the money with them if you win or let them have a turn with the mug if you win that? :oxD

I think we would have to have a lunchtime drink with the money wouldn't we?

As for the mug - they sound far too precious to share!

Mind you I have only got one so far so the chances of me winning are pretty slim to say the least.

You've still got another 3 weeks Alison, and with help from your friends you'll crack them in no time. :o

Thanks Rosemarie, I did receive and sent a reply via pm too. :(

emmajess, if you are bonkers then so am I as I was unbelievably chuffed to get my mug too. xD