Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Britain's Got Talent

SmileyPR

Wow! Internet is great because, even though one cannot see this program via our Belgian TV, I get to catch up with it via the program's web site.

It was wonderful to see Susan Boyle, the Flawless, Stavros Flatley and Good Evans. Now this week we see Shaheen Jafargholi and Julian Smith... waiting for more updated videos :o .

Which have been your favourites?

Was he the one who played the sax?

Absolutely brilliant, made me cry.

My daughter plays the sax, but has never sounded like that :o

jackie.

I like ALL of them.I was thinking last night thats the final sorted already!!! I didn't watch the first 2 series but read a bit about Susan Boyle in last Saturdays paper so view to see what it was about.

I was so glad my girls made me watch this program last week.

Susan Boyle made me cry. or her singing did. What a beautiful voice.

When I googled her (didn't hurt honest!!) I came across another song that she did for a charity cd a number of years ago, singing, 'Cry me a River'. Yeah! I cried again!! :o

Hope she wows them on Oprah! xD

I was out last night when the show was on so I had read this thread before I went to watch it. I'd also seen other people's posts on other places about the saxophonist so I was excited, being one myself and having played for quite a few years in jazz and wind orchestras. I was rather unimpressed! He was good but not amazing! I was really hoping for something jaw dropping and was let down. Ah well, I guess thats what happens when you play in competitions and hear amazing saxophonists!

I've just been listening to Elaine Paige on radio 2 and she gave Susan Boyle a good luck message for the rest of the series and said maybe one day they'll do a duet!

Hoping for some more great dance routines as there seem to be so many of them auditioning yet they seem to put through quite a few mediocre ones, again I think that comes from seeing really great ones (like Flawless last week) in competitions and concerts for the last 25 years.

• 1 month later...

Eeek! I'm SO excited.

:oxD:(

I think Flawless will win, and Stavros and Aiden will be in the top 3. But it's such an open final really, with half of them being singers, and 4 dancers and the standard is SO high.

I'M SO EXCITED! :(

I'M SO EXCITED! xD

And she just can't hide it. She's about to lose control and I think she likes it...

Guess who is going to see BGT tour in June? :o

Maz

I voted for Stavros

Hubby voted for Shuan Smith :o

Daughter 2 voted for Aiden

Daughter 1 thinks its a load of rubbish and refuses.

I REALLY like Diversity and thought they were better than Flawless tonight but I think both will have careers out of this as will other acts. Stavros is a one night act only act and will only have the variety show-well I can't see him making a fitness video!!

Thanks for the update! I have been clicking "Refresh" all the night... ha-ha :o ... but did not get to get the results until now

The dance troupe Diversity beat Susan Boyle into second place to win the worlds biggest talent show.

More to follow...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW Wanted aiden 2 win!!that was a shocker as Susan has been the favourite over 7 weeks!!!well done to Diversity though AMAZING DANCE GROUP!!!

For me the best of the top 3 won but I actually preferred Flawless to Diversity on the night and I also really enjoyed Aiden and Stavros Flatley.

For me the best of the top 3 won but I actually preferred Flawless to Diversity on the night and I also really enjoyed Aiden and Stavros Flatley.

I too preferred Flawless as I thought they told more of a story through dance and also had humour in it. There were so many fantastic acts though and so many of them deserved to win!

Did they also say who were in the subsequent positions? I had told my husband that I had the feeling one of the dance groups could win because they were so good... creativity, team work, skills... but anything could happen. Susan had been my favourite during the first weeks, but so much talent appeared and this week things got tighter. I haven't seen this competition in previous years, but did hear this year that the toughest final. Well done for all the contestants and best wishes for their future.

Edited by SmileyPR

Susan Boyle and Julian Smith were gracious as they accepted defeat in the Britain's Got Talent Grand Final.

The pair were pipped to the post in a public vote in which more than one million votes were cast.

Susan, previously the bookies' favourite to win the show, clapped happily and told Ant and Dec "The best people won. They are very entertaining lads - lads, I wish you all the best".

She went on to tell Stephen Mulhern on More Talent, "I think the best people won - I really do."

And asked about her own plans she said, "I hope to get an album out - I'll just play it by ear.

"What a journey - unbelievable, and very humbling. Thank you for everything".

Simon called Susan "a wonderful lady".

The third place in this year's competition went to saxophonist Julian Smith. Julian, who called himself a "nearly man", said, "At least I got to be chief bridesmaid this time".

"I'm just happy to have taken part. It's been an honour really".

My vote went for Julian on his tenor sax as it was wonderful. I did enjoy them all, and Susan has a wonderful voice. I felt so much for her as she had been subjected to the usual dreadful harassment of the press, and all the rubbish they churn out, which is nothing to do with the truth of things. Imagine how a shy and talented woman suddenly has to deal with all that! I'm just sorry that they all can't take part in the royal variety show.

The beautiful bond between the granddad and the young girl (2 Grand) was so touching and will never be forgotten. I am sure that the granny has enjoyed it from up there :o . You people in GB must surely be very proud of all the great talent and inspiration that you have given to the world today. Bravo!

My vote went for Julian on his tenor sax as it was wonderful. I did enjoy them all, and Susan has a wonderful voice. I felt so much for her as she had been subjected to the usual dreadful harassment of the press, and all the rubbish they churn out, which is nothing to do with the truth of things. Imagine how a shy and talented woman suddenly has to deal with all that! I'm just sorry that they all can't take part in the royal variety show.

Just so you know, it was a soprano sax! I play both tenor and soprano.

I think the press were awful to Susan, but for me she wasn't the best act on the night and she wasn't even as good as her first audition.

I think we could well see some more of the acts on the Variety show in years to come.

I still think that Faces of Disco were totally robbed! If they'd been in any other semi-final they'd have got through.

Well I was nearly right Niicola :o I must say I'm very impressed that you play the sax, they sound so good and so 'feeling'. Susan was bullied out of it really, and she looked very relieved not to win, I thought, and seemed genuinely happy for the winner.

Heh, my favourite is actually the baritone sax and I used to play one of those but it wasn't mine so when I left the band I had to give it back! I only really play my clarinet nowadays, I play it for my class and they are an appreciative audience!

I think she was so totally relieved not to win! I think the press had put that much pressure on her that she was frightened of winning.