Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Avatar

SueFinanceManager

Hi one and all

With all the masses of christmas stuff in the shops and discussions on here about christmas trees I'm finding it hard to avoid the impending festivities even if they are still over a month away. xD

With this in mind I have decided if you can't beat them then you have to join them and so I would like to unviel my new special christmas avatar :(:(:( :wacko:

Look forward to seeing what exciting ones you can all come up with :D

And of course, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL, sorry is it a bit early to say that :oxD

Sue x

Oh dear Heavens - Sue and Geraldine, I hold you personally responsible if this sort of thing catches on!

Can I ban any more christmas avatars till at least December the 1st? Do I have that power? Do I dare exercise it?

If I was the Wyevale Garden Centre and Woolworths CEO, Christmas wouldn't start till much later in the year!

Steve (bah humbug). :o

Yes of course you have the power!!!! xD

I just went to change mine but FC is seemingly here to stay strumming his guitar for all he is worth.

I have tried three times to change it back and each time it says thanks your avatar has been updated and lo and behold there is still is singing away!

I said it might change and I have already 'gone off him' so now its a case of HELP Steve how do i get rid of him ????? :o

Help not needed now!!! He has been 'removed' but didnt go without a fight :o I had to 'remove avatar' and then upload a new one.

I promise it is nothing to do with the approaching festive season :D we have snow forecast this weekend so it may prove to be appropriate!

Steve, how unfestive of you but I have to admit to feeling more than just a weeny bit the same, although I do love the lights!

However, I'm keeping my avatar the same folks, so sorry if thats boring Sue!

Enjoy the snow Geraldine :D . I hope it doesnt arrive here!

In my house Christmas is banned from being mentioned until after my birthday. Now that it is passed I guess it's ok Sue. :D:D I still have my bird in honour of Mundia's National Dawn Chorus day or whatever it was!! :( Maybe it's time for a change......... :oxD:(

well if there is one thread that has really confused me, its this one! I dont see any new avatars, not that I can see them very well anyway, but are there some?

no christmas avatar here either, sorry, Im with Susan on this one.

One wonderful thing about when I lived in Zambia, they once issued their Christmas stamps in January, as they ran out of ink or something. Now thats the spirit I thought!

Dawn chorus day...was that really me? Surely not?

Well they said it was coming! It is now snowing in my nearest town (9 miles away) and I am in Suffolk.

If it reaches me I will willingly send it to anyone who wants it, I DON'T LIKE IT!!! and thats putting it mildly.

For those of you who do, this was yards from my home at the beginning of this year!

post-25-1100787970.jpg

Ho ho ho !!!!!

I find people's reations to christmas fascinating. I do feel like many of you it starts too early in the shops but please note, I did not start discussing christmas first on the site, so I can not be held wholly responsible for this sudden attack of early christman banter. :o

Geraldine, love your little snowman and the snowy picture :D

Steve (Scrooge) you don't need to change your avatar 'cos you've been using Father Christmas for ages xD:(:(

Sue x

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas Everyone... Merry Christmas

Here's my avatar contribution... and yes just like snowy suffolk we've got snow here in Brum too... and we've started the role play Grotto!! If we leave it any later there will only be a few weeks to get the benefit from it... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...

right I'm off for that snowball fight... where are me mitts!

Well Snow has arrived at work, but not where I live, as I live much lower down in terms of height! I love snow, much more fun than rain.

I may look out a chistmas avatar for December.

Thanks Steve,

Where did you all get your avitars? That was quite a scary experience! I followed Steve's link and went into that animations factory but have now downloaded a load of rubbish onto my desktop and it has stolen the FS Forum as my opening web page and replaced it with something I didn't even ask for. Help!!! Ended up going with a trusty google image search instead. Will try again soon and make my xmas avitar more funky (where do you get those moving ones?) I'll probably be in time for xmas 2005!!

ZimXX

Just had a mad panick when I thought the FSF home page had changed and I couldn't reply to any posts. xD Then I realised that it was all down to last nights shananigans of trying to find an avitar on that animations factory-must have picked up a virus (or 2 or 100 or a million according to my computer technition AKA boyfriend!) I just wasn't logged in to the FSF that's all. Its amazing how change can unsettle people-just coz I couldn't see the photograph on the opening page or usual layout I got really upset!! Reminds of how kids must feel when things change without warning... :o

Hi Zim -

Yes, the problem with these gif sites is that many of them come with really unpleasant 'spyware' - I mentioned this a while back!

Be careful - get your useful sounding man to make sure you sweep your pc with something like Ad-Aware after using one of those sites... :)

I have tried 3 xmas avatars and can't get them to change from my bear which just reappears. Where am I going wrong? Two of those I tried are from the Yule site and all 3 are gif of appropriate size. I have downloaded them on to my computer first. ( ibook G4) Help I want to be christmasy too!