Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Not Enough Time In The Day!

For all you guys who work in a private Day nursery-

How do the staff find the time to get together and do the monthly topic plans?

We have two shifts 7.50-4.00 & 10.20-6.30pm so it is impossible for all the staff to get together regulary to plan for the topics!

Ive tried sooooooo many ways to make this work and without staying for a long period after

work ( which the staff hate, dont blame them!) i just cant seem to find something that works

for everyone.....HELP!!! xx

Edited by Guest

I find the same!

We make the best use of time when children are having a nap after lunch, this usually gives us an hour, so each room will take turns in covering others to enable a whole room to be free at once.

Friday afternoons are much quieter so use these too.

As for whole staff meetings, we never get round to doing them, with 27 staff, inside or outside work hours is impossible. I do prefer smaller meetings within rooms, so works well for me!

Wish this could work for us...the staff tend to go out every lunch time and dont think they would want to give up their lunch break!

We manage to have staff meeting once every 1-2months so thats ok...its just the topic plans we struggle with??

Edited by Guest

In a nursery I used to work in they held meetings for pre-school at 6pm when everyone had finished-people who finished at 5 weren't too impressed but it was only once every few weeks. Then a whole nursery staff meeting took place for half an hour of the hour lunch break but this only happened when there was enough points to need a whole staff meeting. This worked well because we got paid for the hour half but still had the opportunity to eat/drink.

samfrostie :o

Hi, we have our meetings one Saturday morning of each month. The staff get the time back over the following month. This seems to wiork for us. :o

hey well in our nursery we have a staff meeting each month.This usually takes place when we close at 6.15 pm and usually lasts just over an hour.This works well for us and also get munchies.interesting to see how other private day manage to do this!! :o

Wish this could work for us...the staff tend to go out every lunch time and dont think they would want to give up their lunch break!

We manage to have staff meeting once every 1-2months so thats ok...its just the topic plans we struggle with??

Have you considered 'dropping' topics - we have vague idea in mind - but then use and build on children's interests - much of my planning is now retrospective - just checking that we are covering all areas - does that make sense?

Sunnyday

Hi

How much planning do you do for monthly planning cos maybe your just doing to much. we have yearly plan of topics, monthly plan of activites we will cover in the 6 areas of learning and then daily planning for key groups.

we do most of the planning with the children so it is their interests and childrens choice which fits nicely within the EYFS.

the staff have to evaluate planning before they start work each day unless we do find a spare 5 mins to do it during work.

hope this helps

aly

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)