Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Congratulations

Susan

Thanks both. Funnily enough I was only thinking about this in the past week. 6 years is a phenomenally long time for me. Ive never done anything for 6+ years (except stay married that is!!). Ive never held a job for more than 6 years, never lived in the same place for more than 6 years (in adult life anyway), never belonged to a club or society or kept a hobby for more than 6 years.

SO I do often wonder why Im still here after 6 years. The community has changed and grown so much in that time. But there's always something new to learn, someone new to meet, a new perspective on an old issue maybe. So I think you peeps are to thanks for that!!

Hmm. I wonder what I'll be saying if I make it to 7?

Well done you two, it has been lovely to create cyber friendships with people. I find myself talking about members here 'Mundia says this, Susan says that, Maz needs help with her crossword, Steve's finally got his bees, dublinbays beat me to the birthdays :o etc. etc. I suspect we all do it... I wonder how sad I appear to my family and friends, but then they don't appreciate what a wonderful place this is do they? I'll be 6 years in October as well xD

Well done you two, it has been lovely to create cyber friendships with people. I find myself talking about members here 'Mundia says this, Susan says that, Maz needs help with her crossword, Steve's finally got his bees, dublinbays beat me to the birthdays :o etc. etc. I suspect we all do it... I wonder how sad I appear to my family and friends, but then they don't appreciate what a wonderful place this is do they? I'll be 6 years in October as well xD

I do exactly the same Jacquie. Hubby often says 'do I know her? when I mention something I've read.

6 years, CONGRATULATIONS xD

The FSF would not be the same without you, what's great about this 'family' is that we learn so much from each other (my gardens looking great Mundia :o ), we enjoy each others company and best of all we don't have to grow up and leave :(

Peggy

I wonder how sad I appear to my family and friends, but then they don't appreciate what a wonderful place this is do they? I'll be 6 years in October as well :o

I didn't know Steve has bees! :(

And I've long since stopped worrying about how sad I am - sometimes its only the people on here who really understand what's going on in my head! xD

Maz

passes fast doesnt it...

think it is all about the ever changing community but also that some seem to stay nd be ever prsent for ythe longer term and others just return when they feel they want to.

Maz.. look at the blogs for the bee story , surprising what you learn looking in there now and again...

Inge

Well done to you both. Especially in my early days 5 years ago, you two helped me so much and continue to do so. I agree that the forum has changed a lot over the years but people like Mundia and Susan are the bedrocks of the forum!

Here's to another 6!

Thanks Nichola, and to everyone else for your kind comments.

It sometimes feels that I'm no longer in touch with what goes on for one reason or another but this site has been a godsend to me and many others. It was very small when we joined, look at our membership numbers and it filled the need for both early years sectors to talk to one another. Teacher membership seems to be diminishing though which is a shame, witness my roll call thread.

Teacher membership seems to be diminishing though which is a shame, witness my roll call thread.

I wonder why that is Marion? I remember when I joined as Mazlittle it seemed almost everyone else was a teacher! Perhaps it is the expansion of the PVI sector leading to an increase in nursery/pre-school members, but I think it is the abiding strength of the Forum that you can ask a question and get a variety of answers from different perspectives. A big cause of anxiety for us in pre-school is wondering whether we're doing it 'right' and it is so useful to be able to talk to early years teachers who can tell you how it is for them!

And its also helpful to know that the grass isn't always greener on the maintained side of the fence! :o

Maz

Congratulations to you both....I have been here longer than I imagined and cannot stay away.....I have lots of online distractions belive me,...but none quite so rewarding as this one...so thankyou all. :oxD:(