Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Getting Fatter?

Scarlettangel

Morning all.

So here I am.

Day 4 of the diet

(and I am being oh so good. Truly. Its horrible!)

Day 3 with the Wii fit.

So how come with the exercise (and yes I am getting hot and sweaty!!) and the lack of food (well choc, sweets, crisps, bread, cakes, biscuits type food) I have PUT ON WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

my BMI has gone UP

Oh dear...............................

well I don't trust those things- which is why mine is still in the box- and has been since they were launched on day 1!!!

...............did get it out christmas for an hour or so.

Perhaps you've done soooooooo much that your body had turned to pure muscle? :oxD:(

ps - I have not eaten chocolate for 46 hours - not that I'm counting!

xxxx

Edited by louby loo

Guest tinkerbell

I have just eaten a cadburys creme egg so my assessment at the gym tomorrow will not be very good

Tinkerbell x

Oh - poor you - trying to lose weight is just awful isn't it.

Are these readings from the Wii? Not good to have a daily check really - but unavoidable I suppose.

The only way that I have ever managed to lose weight is with 'Weight Watchers' - couldn't attend their meetings though - apologies to all who do - just too patronising for me I'm afraid - so just bought books and followed their programme - points counting is sooo tedious though and became quite obsessed with food!

Good luck - I'm sure it will start to work soon!

Sunnyday

Muscel weighs more than fat, so if you're working out you will get heavier, most rugby players I know would be on the obese scale if weight was the only thing that mattered, even Jonny Wilkinson!!

Try measuring yourself by clothes size. Or at the start of a diet that includes exercise measure the areas you are working on, thinghs, waist etc and then measure them after a few weeks.

Good luck

My Wii weighs me about 6 lb lighter than my scales and Weightwatchers, so I don't take it too seriously. On the other hand it does give some good exercises for muscles and balance, and because it is fun I go on it several times each week. I do feel that it is making a bit of a difference. Loosing weight is really hard isn't it, especially when chocolate is on everyones mind :o ?

My Wii weighs me about 6 lb lighter than my scales and Weightwatchers, so I don't take it too seriously. On the other hand it does give some good exercises for muscles and balance, and because it is fun I go on it several times each week. I do feel that it is making a bit of a difference. Loosing weight is really hard isn't it, especially when chocolate is on everyones mind :o ?

I would take anything that made me 6lbs lighter very seriously!!!

Sunnyday

know what you mean about not trusting the Wii to weigh you - once (when I was obviously very bored!!) i did the body test 3 times in a day and it varied loads - my BMI went up and then back down lower again! I try not to do the body test too much and not take it seriously - it can be very addictive!!

Muscel weighs more than fat, so if you're working out you will get heavier, most rugby players I know would be on the obese scale if weight was the only thing that mattered, even Jonny Wilkinson!!

Try measuring yourself by clothes size. Or at the start of a diet that includes exercise measure the areas you are working on, thinghs, waist etc and then measure them after a few weeks.

Good luck

just what i was going to say!!! put it down to muscle gain!!!! ive been dieting for 6 wks but to lazy to exercise!!! have lost 17lb though! having a reprive tonight! glass of wine and a creme egg!!

Jaycooks, 17 lbs, I'm so impressed - well done you!!!!

(I've just been away for a week and piled it on but don't care.... next week I will tho....!)

I too am struggling with my weight, I comfort eat and at the mo I am also struggling to cope with a family member with depression but hhey back to the wii...

We have tried to use it for weight loss when it first appeared and one wet day we discovered that it does not give the same readings twice! So now we use for exercise which it is great for and occasinal body testing!

Well done Jaycooks

We have tried to use it for weight loss when it first appeared and one wet day we discovered that it does not give the same readings twice! So now we use for exercise which it is great for and occasinal body testing!

Well thats what I need to do then and not obsess myself with the weighing side of it!

Ours seems to be pretty good? My BMI changes a bit, but only by .2 or so.

But then again, your weight/BMI will change during the day! So you're meant to do it at the same time everyday for accurate readings.

But saying that, I haven't been on for atleast 2 weeks! :o