Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Building/house Bricks

Recently had our Ecers Audit and the feedback we received for 'building blocks' was a one :o Although we have

small coloured wooden blocks, mega blocks, magnetic blocks, duplo etc etc we do not have any building bricks

for the outside area! Can anyone help me with a supplier for child friendly building bricks? I have seen foam

bricks in a supply catalogue in the past that look just like a house brick - has anyone got them or know where I can

get them please.

dottyp

in the tts catalogue they have pretend house bricks, ice bricks and jumbo felxible building bricks.the house and ice bricks are £55.oo for only 25 and the flexible bricks are £193 for 84 bricks. dont know if galt do them - will check.

Hi Blondie

Thanks so much for your reply. Just been onto the TTS website and the 'pretend house bricks' are exactly what i'm looking for.

I can now add them onto my resoures list I have been compiling all...... day !! :o

dottyp xD

Have you considered those environmentally friendly little gadgets that make 'bricks' out of old newspaper? They are for use in a fireplace but they would be FAB for building and extremely child friendly and not too expensive!

I ordered the house bricks from TTS in February, and because they aren't in stock they set me a £10 voucher!

Not sure when they will arrive but I don't mind having £10 to spend with them.

jackie.

Guest Wolfie

I had a set of large foam bricks for outside - I'm sure they were Lego/Duplo but huge. They were expensive in the catalogue - I got mine second hand so I was lucky! The children played with them a lot.

Are you looking specifically for 'house bricks' or just large scale buiding blocks?

The hollow blocks from 'community playthings' can be used outside (though need to be kept covered if stored out side) ...our children absolutely love them and have played with them almost everyday since we had them! They are brilliant for large scale construction and you can get a variety of packages from introductory sets to full sets and they come in mini versions too. If you have enough in the budget you should definitely consider them! :o

We had the foam lego type big blocks...they really dont compare at all..the play we have with the wooden hollow blocks is so much richer!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)