Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Had My Inspection!

Don't worry if you have an inspection due, they are not as bad as you might think!! The inspector was lovely and generally interested in the children. She wanted to see how I delivered the EYFS, checked observations, assessments and planning. Also made sure I had done the required risk assessments. She asked about inclusive practice and what that meant to me. All in all it was a very positive experience, they are certainly not as 'picky' as they used to be !!!

Diane

Edited by Guest

Same here, we had a good experience with her today, she seemed very interested in and was really involved when the children spoke to her.

Risk assessments, inclusive practice, planning and safegaurding children were of big importance.

samfrostie :o

Well done ladies glad its gone ok,our inspection has been looming since september,just with we could get it over and done with .

Same here, we had a good experience with her today, she seemed very interested in and was really involved when the children spoke to her.

Risk assessments, inclusive practice, planning and safegaurding children were of big importance.

Glad yours went well too

we were thinking the same and it was nearly three years since our last inspection and over a year since we had a new leader and they turned up Tuesday!! So glad it's over now though and we dont hv 2 b on edge for a while

It's certainly a relief when it's over, i'd been waiting since January, I have to say though that I had 'the call' 5.20pm on the tuesday and she was here 9.15 on the wednesday, no time to panic!!

9am she turned up without notice so no time to threat beforehand however she was in two mornings so we had time to panic in between.

There not as bad as people expect them to be. :o

samfrostie xD

That's right, they try to be helpful and put you at ease. I have heard of settings that have not addressed the EYFS or done risk assessments, you know when inspections are due so preperation is the key.

yeah that is so true and with the help of this forum you always have help. Along with all the obvious sources of help-improvement advisors, authorities etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done sam and Diana

Did you have your SEF completed??

I wish I could have mine over and done with 3 years was up last Autumn and I'm still waiting - I have just asked for a variation on my registation to have 4 under 5's 4 hours one day a week so I was thinking if this is allowed it may trigger me to have one with MRS O probarly turning up on this day!!

I'd like to add im in a pre-school so slightly different i guess however I have a family friend who is a childminder and after discussing it with her she said a similar experience and that they ask the same kind of things-equal opps, risk assessments etc.

She got picked up on not having enough inclusion resources--fairly easy to sort out but she says the inspector was lovely and in all her experience (she's 66-and yes still childminding) she has always had friendly people. I guess for everyone who has to deal with OFSTED there is a 'fear factor' am i doing the right things? am i doing it right? However they are actually there to help and although there not supposed 2 give advice and suggestions they often do.

Good Luck to everyone if you have OFSTED coming up--smile the chances are you are doing it right :o

samfrostie xD

Edited by samfrostie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)