Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies...

Dont know if anyone remembers but a few weeks ago I asked if anyone had an abuse against a staff member policy - well the abuse has now taken place we had the mum in yesterday shouting and swearing in front of the children and then she followed a staff member down to our primary school and stood behind making loud complaints and swearing - needless to say all staff members are feeling quite intimidated at the moment and we made the decision to call the police!

The mum has yesterday written a letter, which i have now logged as a complaint and I have re-written a new complaints procedure to incorporate the EYFS (another thing I asked about ages ago) which I have added on here.

Now the thing I am interested in is the new procedure has a thing called EYFD key themes and commitments. Should all of our policies have these? and if so does anyone have them available to post to save my self some work? Cheeky I know but you guys usually like to share :o

Thanks very much

Deb

Complaints_procedure.doc

Hmm, I think your Ofsted number is wrong it's more memorable than that but I can't remember it LOL!!!! I'll have a check for you BRB

yup 08456 404040

The Preschool Learning Alliance policies come with the EYFS ECM type grid similar to the one you have here

Edited by Cait

Hmm, I think your Ofsted number is wrong it's more memorable than that but I can't remember it LOL!!!! I'll have a check for you BRB

I went on the web and pulled that off I copied and pasted it

That's a puzzle - that was the number on the poster they sent with our new registration form last month. It was changed a couple of years ago and we were told off in an inspection for displaying a poster with that old number - he didn't slate us for it cos I rushed to the printer and made a label and stuck it over the top straight away!

ah yes 1772 is the complaint line - just been and looked too - so why did he want the 4040 one on the poster which is about complaints and compliments - idiot man!

Edited by Cait

That's a puzzle - that was the number on the poster they sent with our new registration form last month. It was changed a couple of years ago and we were told off in an inspection for displaying a poster with that old number - he didn't slate us for it cos I rushed to the printer and made a label and stuck it over the top straight away!

ah yes 1772 is the complaint line - just been and looked too - so why did he want the 4040 one on the poster which is about complaints and compliments - idiot man!

Lol Cait Ofsted always tend to give you all different stories for all different things! One inspector loved our snack time thought it was brill the next one came along and said she didnt like it - there is no set standard for anything it is all opinion

yup 08456 404040

The Preschool Learning Alliance policies come with the EYFS ECM type grid similar to the one you have here

Yes do i have to pay for them? or can someone give me them? We have NO money at all this term!

Flipping heck we got slated for not having the 404040 number in our complaints policy so I made sure it was updated. Now I read this thread and see they have changed it again. Why oh why can't they let us know this stuff or are they trying to trip us all up.

Thanks for posting this so I found out.

Flipping heck we got slated for not having the 404040 number in our complaints policy so I made sure it was updated. Now I read this thread and see they have changed it again. Why oh why can't they let us know this stuff or are they trying to trip us all up.

Thanks for posting this so I found out.

Holly - the 4040 number is the general ofsted number for everything, the other one is just for complaints and stuff - a direct line. The 40 40 people would put you through to there anyway

So would you keep the 4040 number in the complaints section for parents? My second thought is to stick with that one in case they change the other again!

So would you keep the 4040 number in the complaints section for parents? My second thought is to stick with that one in case they change the other again!

I'm keeping it, yes. It's the switchboard number so they'll get put through to everywhere. It's on my poster by the door too

Thanks - I will follow your plan then! It saves me another job at least, and hey if they don't inform us how are we supposed to know (unless they want to pay for the annual subscription to this forum!)

Well I was slated a year ago for not changing the number in my complaints!! I had the 4040 number.

Me too - Mrs O spotted that within 2 seconds of walking into setting - got my inspection off to a great start - not!

Sunnyday

Thanks for that advice. I will redo it all over the holidays then. Better safe than sorry I guess and another job for the to do pile!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)