Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Move To A School Site

Hi everyone,

Had a meeting today with our Chair, following a steering group meeting re our move to a school site.

The plans have been drawn up and basically we will have an entrance to the pre school through the children's centre, which will also be new to the school site. The provision will be for 26 children a day, we will have a kitchen, with low level work units down one side, so that the children can participate in cooking activities and adult sized units down the other, space for a oven, fridge and washing machine.

The main pre school will consist of a wet play area, plus carpeted area. There will be three toilets and handbasins, a quiet room for small group work, a store cupboard and double doors to an outside play area, half of which will be hardstanding the rest grass, the hardstanding will be under shelter, plus a shed.

The plans go on show in two weeks so they can start getting any objections in, all funding has been approved and if all the plans go through, the structure will be built offsite, it will be wood, but then encased in brickwork once onsite, and we will move in April 2010.

I cant describe how excited we all are, the pre school as been in a village hall since the 80's, so this will really secure the pre schools future, keeping everything crossed.

Claire x

Edited by cupcake

oww lucky you Cupcake :oxD

Thankyou, lucky children really, although it will be lovely for the staff as well. Its not done and dusted yet, but its hard not to get a little bit excited, its been so long coming!

Today we were talking about all the different things the children will be able to do, its so hard in a pack away setting, every poster, junk model etc etc has to be put in the cupboard, its back brakeing work.

Say a lil prayer for us, will know more in two weeks time.

OH that sounds lovely. Love the sound of the low level kitchen for the children. Bet you cant wait :o

We are very excited! Yes the kitchen area does sound great. The plans go on show at the school as well in two weeks, so the parents can have a look, it does seem like a dream come true, but we really deserve it, our hall is so old and rickety that we have really outgrown it there.

Guest pamgreen

My nursery did just this 16 months ago. I had been running the nursery for 18 years in a local village hall. Parents started fund raise for a place of our own. The school became involved and a purpose built nursery was built. I am now the manager of the the nursery. The nursery now comes under the governing body. It was a huge change it was difficult to begin with. However after our OUTSTANDING inspection last July life became much better. it is fantastic not to have to pack away every night. good luck to your new venture.

My nursery did just this 16 months ago. I had been running the nursery for 18 years in a local village hall. Parents started fund raise for a place of our own. The school became involved and a purpose built nursery was built. I am now the manager of the the nursery. The nursery now comes under the governing body. It was a huge change it was difficult to begin with. However after our OUTSTANDING inspection last July life became much better. it is fantastic not to have to pack away every night. good luck to your new venture.

Thats great news, very inspiring! We will still be an independant pre school, although we will be attached to a children's centre, we will still maintain our charitable status and be comittee run. We always planned to move to the school as there has been space for us for sometime, however we were supposed to raise our own funding for the building. Due to the governments initiative to have a childrens centre in every town (or something like that) by a certain date, the children's centre registered their interest in the site that was designated for us, as a condition of the children's centre siting their offices there the governing body of the school and our LEA inisted that they plan in for a pre school provision and fund it, which they have agreed to.

Just need to get final planning permission.

Guest MaryEMac

That's really exciting news. Will you have any say in colour schemes etc? I remember what it felt like when our building was under construction. I had to pass it everyday to get to the sports pavilion and we had lots of walks to see how much it had grown. good luck with it all.

Mary

That's really exciting news. Will you have any say in colour schemes etc? I remember what it felt like when our building was under construction. I had to pass it everyday to get to the sports pavilion and we had lots of walks to see how much it had grown. good luck with it all.

Mary

Yes we will have a full say in how the space is decorated. If all goes to plan we will also see the development taking shape, as we use the school reception class's playground twice a week. It's the small things that are getting us all excited, like displaying the children's junk modelling, having interest tables and their work all over the walls. We have so many boards at pre school that all have to be put in the cupboard at the end of the day. We will also be extending our hours to 9-3 Mon-Frid, which will be great, at present we only do two full and two half days, because other groups use the hall.

Will let you know how it all pans out