Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toys Topic

Hi,

This is my first post so please bear with me !

We are doing a topic about Toys after easter, and i would appreciate any help with the planning - websites to look at, ideas etc.

Many Thanks, Claire xxx :o

Hi and welcome to the forum - now it's a bit late and I am fairly 'brain dead' - it hasn't been the best of days!

'Harry and the Dinosaurs' - a real favourite with my group.

Promise will post with more ideas when I am more awake!

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

Blimey - even more 'brain dead' than I thought - I missed out 'bucketful'!!!

Do you like 'show and tell' - I use it all the time to support ideas/topics/children's interests - could you try that with children bringing in favourite toy to show at 'circle time'?

Cutting and sticking from toy catalogues?

Right now - Lemsip (horrible head cold) and bed for me!

Sunnyday

Hi welcome to the forum, can you ask staff and parents if they've got any old toys they could bring in to show? I've still got my Tint Tears, shes 40 now! You might have some interesting finds especially if you can ask grandparents for help too :o

Could also look at toys around the world, what children make do with how they can be inventive rather use plastic, ready made things. The stick was recently voted the best toy of all time I think.

Edited by Rea

Hey

I have this topic after Easter aswell and am finding it really uninspiring however I spoke to the kids and they came up with recycling old toys or trying to re-invent into new ones and also lots about sharing and caring for each others toys!!

Also had the obvious responses about their favouirte toys - Ben 10, Power rangers etc and also play kitchens etc so a variety of things!! However I am still abit eugh about it all so we shall see how it goes!

I will def get the children to look into where their toys are made around the world as its always interesting especially when you have EAL children in your class!!!

Good Luck!

Hi,

This is my first post so please bear with me !

We are doing a topic about Toys after easter, and i would appreciate any help with the planning - websites to look at, ideas etc.

Many Thanks, Claire xxx :o

Don't do too much - they might have changed their minds about the topic by then!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)