Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Under The Sea

Hi, everyone, happy mothers day. Just wondering if you could tell me where Ican find ideas for under the sea topic, looked under topic but nothing there. As anyone any ideas that they would like to share with me. Plus does anyone know where i could buy a plastic mermaid and plasitc treasure chest?

thanks 0258 :o

earlyyearsresources.co.uk have an offer on a big mermaid at the moment, if you click on the picture of it on the home page it also comes up with various other resources that you could look at for inspiration.

samfrostie :o

I love using Commotion in the Ocean - lovely pictures and rhymes. I also agree with blondie about using Rainbow Fish stories - great for PSE. Wax crayon / oil pastel colour wash pictures are always a great hit. Making jellyfish puppets by using paper cups as the body with a hole in the base to thread a handle through then children can be free to stick anything to dangle from inside of the cup for all the tentacles (if that's what they're called). Use the Aquarium music from Carnival of the Animals for some great dance especially is you give the children some scarves or streamers. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. We had a whole school underwater topic a few years back.

I was also going to suggest 'Commotion in the Ocean' but someone beat me to it! The other 'underwater' book that my children always enjoy is 'Fidgety Fish'.

We have had all of our 'tiny' sea creatures frozen in blocks of ice today - always popular.

sunnyday

Sharing a shell, and Tiddler are excellent

and I just remembered we used to have a blue shower curtain from B&Q which had fishes on it - was great for making a den over the clothes horse and pretending to be under the sea.

Would they enjoy listening to whale-song on CD?

Edited by Cait

Hi, everyone, happy mothers day. Just wondering if you could tell me where Ican find ideas for under the sea topic, looked under topic but nothing there. As anyone any ideas that they would like to share with me. Plus does anyone know where i could buy a plastic mermaid and plasitc treasure chest?

thanks 0258 :o

only joking laughed the lobster is very good story we made an undersea the sea theme from box paint blue with front cut out bits seaweed , starfish sand on the base and all the under sea creatures in the story was made from card board cut outs decorated nice and bright put on lollipop sticks ,children used these as puppets and retold story using the props, enjoyed by all .

Hi, everyone, just a short note to say thanks for all those wonderful idea and books to read. What would I do without your help 0258 x :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)