Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supply

hali

Oh dear Hali !

Sounds like you have been having a difficult time !

I've just replied to your other post and I know how hard it is sometimes with committees ! I left my settings as Supervisor last summer, but have now gone back as deputy and with a new committee which have been better.

I don't know of any agencies but I'm sure someone will come along who does.

Hope things work out for you.

Motherclangerx

I phoned the agency my friend used at her nursery. She said all the staff she'd ever had from there were good and they were always her first choice. She also said often she couldnt get anyone because they were always in demand. That means they always have work for you. Check the rates of pay too, they dont all pay the same rate even working the same areas. :o

I suddenly remembered this one - they seemed much more adaptable than any of the others I talked to. In the end I didn't need to use them so I don't know whether they are as good as they sounded!

Good luck!

Mx

I used Capita education and they are good

I spoke to them too when I was looking for cover staff. I'm a sessional pre-school and in a rural setting. They told me there was no chance! :o

Maz

umm difficult isnt the word - ive made a huge boo boo (please ladies read your contracts properly when resigning!) thought i given a term - turns out to be 6 weeks so need to find a job by 3rd April!!!

thanks guys will try them :o

im always after a partner in crime M x :(

Well do remember my offer hali - I may have at least a couple of days a week available, although I'm not sure I can afford your rates! xD:o

Mx

I am not sure why happy maz as they are always looking, but you are talking about rectuting supply I am talking about working for them, they always have plentyof work

killowengirl

I am not sure why happy maz as they are always looking, but you are talking about rectuting supply I am talking about working for them, they always have plentyof work

Yes, I was talking about looking for cover when staff are sick - it seems at the moment demand outstrips supply and because we can only offer sessional hours and we're in the sticks, most agencies find it difficult to offer us any supply staff at all. :o

it would help if I spelt it right. I understand if you are sessional then it would be harder as most supply are looking for longer. But that should helo Hali if there is a demand for supply staff she will have plenty of work.