Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elc Credit

I have just read an article about private nurseries, and voluntary providers with six or more children in receipt of the nursery education grant being eligible for ELC credit. This amounts to £ 10 per child and private nurseries are claiming that they haven't been made aware that they are eligible. What is the nursery education grant ? and has anyone been given such credit. More information was on www.curriculumonline.gov.uk but i didnt find any answers !! :oxD

Hi, I also read the article, I think the grant is distributed via the local EYDCP but not sure . You have just reminded me that I was going to phone them and ask.

Will let you know what they say tomorrow.

Peggy

p.s. the nursery education grant is the universal funding providers receive for children aged 3+. It is because of this "education" grant we are inspected by Ofsted for our standards in Education.

It is available to voluntary, private and maintained sector although I don't know how schools claim for it. Preschools etc claim via their EYDCP

also available to childminders within a registered childminder network.

Hi Jackie,

I thought this sounded too good to be true! I actually looked into eLC's (e-learning credits) when they came out and came to the conclusion the private and voluntary sector did not qualify.

It would be nice if someone decided we did.....

And free fruit and veg while they're at it!

I too have asked and so far no joy... the web site says .........

"Which schools? Funding is available for all Government-funded nursery, primary and secondary education, up to and including Key Stage 4."

so far I have been told we do not qualify even though we recieve education grant for 95% of the children in our care. ... look forward to seeing how others fare....

Inge

Our EYDCP sent out a list of all software which could be ordered said we had £15 per funded child, asked us to complete order form and our new software would soon be with us...... that was August and we still have not heard anything!

ummm not sure really local authority sent us a letter saying we were eligable for grant if we had a computer for the children to use, had to fill in a questionare and hey presto a few months later chq landed on the doorstep. :D

Lucky you Hali,

My EYDCP were not really very useful, although the person I spoke to didn't know a thing said I'll get back to you, and did within ten minutes....got quite excited until he said he could only refer me to the curriculum on line site. Said our local EYDCP doesn't fund at the present, and he doesn't think funding for preschools is on their near future agenda :(

Peggy

I think I've got them thinking though :oxD

no joy here either,,

Rea,

we got our first laptop for the children by going to all local buisnesses and offices with a begging letter, asking if they had any old laptops which we could have when they replaced any for thier workforce, and eventually came up trumps with one which they had reconditioned for us before donating it. Always worth getting the commitee to try for you.

Inge

• 10 months later...

we are a private day nursery and have this year been allocated elc's to the tune of £145. might have been me badgering the foundation stage advisor.might have just been good luck. don't care we have spent it already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)