Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cheap And Easy Craft For Mothers Day

We are planning to invite parents in on Friday to make things with their children for Mothers Day

Anyone got any quick and cheap ideas???

Thanks

H

Depends on what you call cheap really! I was just out buying guttering and did a 'spur of the moment' purchase of some little violas (£2.99 for a dozen) and some cheap plastic plant pots and saucers. We're going to decorate the pots with stickers and plant the flowers. They will make lovely table decorations for our Mother's Day Lunch this week...

Maz

I bought some heart shaped cardboard boxes which the children can decorate as they wish and some heart shaped chocs (M&S) to slip one in each box for mum

Lovely! Hand-made by the children but well thought-out by the adults! They'll go down a storm, I'm sure!

Maz

Depends on what you call cheap really! I was just out buying guttering and did a 'spur of the moment' purchase of some little violas (£2.99 for a dozen) and some cheap plastic plant pots and saucers. We're going to decorate the pots with stickers and plant the flowers. They will make lovely table decorations for our Mother's Day Lunch this week...

Maz

Ah B&Q £2 for a dozen! We are doing it again this year as it's been popular in the past too. Got some lovely orange plantpots too that our local garden centre were selling off at a penny each last year.

Our topic this term is british wildlife so we thought we would make hedgehog models using a peat and polyfilla mix and putting match sticks in this then air drys hard. not to expensive but very different

I bought some foam flower shapes from Hobbycraft-you can find them here.They are reduced now so even cheaper than when I bought them. The children have decorated them with sequins and glitter etc. They have then punched a hole and strung them with curling ribbon. They look lovely.

The link doesn't seem to be working-I will have a try again later.

Linda

Something i did with art club at school and works well...

We made tissue paper flowers by gluing different coloured circles to the ends of thin staws. I then bought some cheap plastic pots that the children again decorated with tissue paper... fillled the pots with salt dough.. place the flowers in and wait for the dough to harden off.

Cheap- quiet quick and made completely by the children and they look fab.

Believe me Cait - 99p is a price worth paying not to have to go to Slough's B&Q! :o

HAHA - is it as bad as that? Ours has just had a facelift and it's looking pretty smart!

Thanks

One year we bought some very cheap white bathrooms tiles, drew a tree in permanent marker then

glued whole picture and sprinkled'mixed herbs' for the leaves and 'mustard seeds' for the trunk, wrote

'Happy Mother's day' at the base of tile and attached a calender hook at the back! Simple, effective and

smelt nice too!

dottyp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)