Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Work Life Balance

blackcat

My aim this term is to get more of a work life balance. Friday night now consists of two glasses of red wine before I fall asleep. My aim is to get to the gym once a week but I have been shattered this week already, might leave it to next week. Anyone have any inspiring ideas :o

What is a work life balance? Ha ha!!! I was asked by my headteacher whether I thought I had a work life balance during our last professional discussions and when I answered no, she told me I needed to delegate more!!

Hmmmm.... :o

What is a work life balance? Ha ha!!!

Thats what I thought when I first read this post,

In this type of job I dont think there is such a thing as a work life balance.

:o I too can balance wine glass,bottle and large baqr of galaxy!!!!. I agree with all of you there is no balance its work,work and more work!! Oh and in my case Degree,work and work with 2 kids and a husband thrown in for good measure!!!!! and they wonder why we trun to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once bought a bottle of wine, large bar of chocolate and slimming magazine and wondered why the shop assistant sniggered. I was after all my adult self initiated task for a friday night.

at this moment, balancing a nice glass of red, a pizza, course work spread out but obvious not doing it as im logged on here!!! just finished juggling the ratbag baby son to bed and getting the 15 daughter of to school fashion show!! the chocolates next!!

I once bought a bottle of wine, large bar of chocolate and slimming magazine and wondered why the shop assistant sniggered. I was after all my adult self initiated task for a friday night.

Are you living my life?

Hi All - many a time over the last few months especially this week I have felt like closing our pre-school - we are popular are fully booked staff are wonderful, kids great but getting up at 6.am to start getting all our stuff out of two sheds at 7.30am opening up 9.10 - putting it all away- going home and then working nearly every evening why oh why..........

Its not just the work - I am fine with working hours in my own time and not getting paid, its the constant reminder that this has to be done or that has to be done..................never being able to actually switch off .......................]

anyhow by the looks of everyone on here that is what life is about in early years - :o

The nature of the job- can't even go shopping or for a walk without thinging about school, buying or picking up resources.

Even though I am off this week I still think about school- yesterday when I was at the cliniic having treatment I looked at the clock and was thinking- My class should be doing this now, now they are doing that....

Hey it's sad but true :o

This job just can't seem to help but invade your life, but I'm not sure I could have it any other way- ok maybe I'm the sad one!!

But what other job do you get to see 22 eager faces, offering hugs and complements, with original comments that leave you grinning for hours!

I can't deny that it is HARD WORK, but well worth it to know that we do the BEST job shaping the lives of future generations (God help them) he he.

Hey it's sad but true :o

This job just can't seem to help but invade your life, but I'm not sure I could have it any other way- ok maybe I'm the sad one!!

But what other job do you get to see 22 eager faces, offering hugs and complements, with original comments that leave you grinning for hours!

I can't deny that it is HARD WORK, but well worth it to know that we do the BEST job shaping the lives of future generations (God help them) he he.

What a lovely reply - and you are of course absolutely right - there is nothing I would rather be doing - our rewards are not financial - but we receive love and laughs by the bucketload!!!

sunnyday

I've been wondering the same thing lately. I was given a diary for Christmas and I decided to try to write something every night, just a few musings on each day, nothing deep.

Well 2 days on the trot I wrote 'work, home, bed'.

I feel quite sad about it.

I have work, home, family, playgroup committee stuff, hubby's business paperwork. And thats fine, we all have loads to do, but I started to think about maybe doing an evening course like painting, learning guitar, learning a language, something not conected with work. But I know I'd only be thinking about the things I should be doing.

There just never seems time for 'me'.

Hcarr is right though, I only have to go into town on a week day lunch time and see all the office workers sitting outside their buildings to know I've got a great job really. Where else can you be pinched, shouted at and cuddled all in the same day and giggle, dance, tip poo out of pants and on occassion have your boobs squished (!) without thinking any of it is strange? :o

Haha - was informed in a very loud voice today - well the whole room was - at arrival time, place full of parents etc. 'Bye Daddy, hope your winkle is better soon, see ya, love ya', by a little girl. Poor Dad was scarlet as he zoomed out!