Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Red Nose Day

Red Nose day is sneaking up on us. This year's theme is "do something funny for money"..............what ideas have you come up with so far? I've a staff meeting next week and I'm hoping my wonderful girls will come up with some brilliant ideas! I'm contemplating sitting in a paddling pool full of red sauce, but will it turn me red I wonder.............makes a change to baked beans I guess!!!

Come on share your funny ideas with us - please!!

we're having an 'odd' theme rather than the same old 'red' so will be wearing odd socks, clashing colours etc, not much else has been organised as yet, will add to here if there are any developments. I think the schools we are closely linked to are doing something but can't remember for the life of me what :o

Think I'm a couple of weeks ahead of myself. Bought a hair dye yesterday to cover my light brown with lots of smatterings of grey (all put there by my ex-husband might I add!), It was meant to be a hint of red.....gues what........its RED!!! Only left it on for 10 minutes too and its RED!! I've even washed it 4 times to try to dull it!! My lovely (?) 20 year old daughter said it looks awful and I know my 18 year old son will positively wet himself laughing when he gets in from work later on!!!

If only it were nearer 13th March it would be ok! I've put a message on Facebook to give my work girls the heads up that my hair is now RED!!

Thing is I think I quite like it!!!!!

Our idea came from everyone wearing red and then developed into Ladybirds and finally ended up as an UGLY BUG BALL!

Cant wait really looking forward to it x :o

We were throwing ideas about today as to what to do for red nose day, one suggestion was for us all to wear pyjamas - good idea except I never wear anything in bed :oxD

We were thinking of having a pyjama day.....I dont have any so will just be taking my dressing gown and slippers!

When I went on line to order pack for early years it said they have run out :(

We're having a wear something red day, so we are going mad with red nail varnish, hair dye etc. We are having some instant mash out to play with for something funny and I'm planning to dye it red with food colouring.

I tried to get a pack for early years too and was told they had run out. But there are lots of things you can download from the red nose day website. I'm going to read the Mr Funny story and make a Mr Men mobile that I've downloaded from the website.

Trying to think of some funny songs to sing with the children. Any ideas?

We are all being sponsored to spend the day in our PJs. We are also getting everyone together for red nose and spoon races, red baloons and bubbles and dancing. There are also pictures on the bbc site of the mona lisa with a red nose and other stuff to colour in.

Trying to think of some funny songs to sing with the children. Any ideas?

How about my favourite silly song which I learned at Brownies?

Sung to the tune of head, shoulders, knees and toes, and with the same effect of missing out key words when it is repeated:-

There are no bananas in the sky, in the sky

There are no bananas in the sky, in the sky

There's a sun and a moon and a coconut cream pie

But there are no bananas in the sky, in the sky

There are actions, too: for 'no' you shake your head, cross your hands in front of your body and pull them apart (does that make sense? to signifiy no?)

For 'bananas' you just make the shape of a banana with your hand in the air.

For 'sky' you point to the sky!

For both 'sun' and 'moon' you make draw a small and larger circle with your hands in the air (I always forget which way round it is!)

For 'coconut cream pie' you make a double rainbow shape in the air with your hands - place them face down in your lap make your arc as wide as you dare!

You can eithee sing it a couple of times all the way through, or if your children are up to it sing it lots of times taking out one word at a time: no, then bananas, then sky, then sun, then mooon and then coconut cream pie. Then sing it again with all the words back in!

I can't believe I've just typed all that out - looks even sillier now! :o

Maz

We are having a 'Wear your pyjamas to pre-school' day! Unfortunatley I have college on a friday so will be missing out on all the fun!!! :o

Right we have decided to have a Red Nose Week (we did this for Children in Need too) so that we capture all of the children and staff, we're having a mixture of red messy play, selling biscuits and cakes, we're sending a hand shape home for the children to decorate at home with parents, parents then donate 50p plan is we will link them around the nursery as "helping hands for others", we are all going to wear disguises then post the photos on the wall, charge parents £1 to guess who is who (for Children in Need we we all brought our baby photos in), the girls have organised pleny of other things too but my mind has gone blank just now!!!

hey we're doing Noah's arktheme ll dressed as animals different of course then we have an arc!!!luv d ketchup idea!!!

I've dropped the ketchup idea, the thought of turning red didn't fill me with glee (even though I do support Liverpool!!), quite happy to sit in something else, just worried about my nether regions going a funny colour lol!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)