Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Do I Go From Here!

I'm guessing you'd need to ask the person who designed the avatar, Cait!

Ah - it's just that I uploaded a picture to a thread yesterday and I thought she'd done some jigging of her own with it!

post-13453-1235324231_thumb.jpg

Ah - it's just that I uploaded a picture to a thread yesterday and I thought she'd done some jigging of her own with it!

Which thread was that then Cait - I must have missed that one!

Perhaps we should start a new thread - 'Mum's favourite sayings'!

One of my mums better ones was:

'The man who never made a mistake, never made anything.'

sunnyday

Over 50 and I still remember this one said to me by my mum as I was on my way out to a local dance - started at 7.00 finished at 10.00 ah those were the days

"Never trust a man who wears white socks"

not sure why but I always look even now after 30 years of a happy marriage!!

Shall not means that I will not allow you to pass. Cannot implies an inability, not necessarily because I won't let you! As with "Can I use your toilet?"-well I don't know can you? "May I use your toilet?"-of course you may!!

Linda

Yes, I know that - I was questioning what I thought was MrsWeasley's alteration to a picture I posted in a thread yesterday, and asking what her reasoning behind the change of words was.

Yes, I know that - I was questioning what I thought was MrsWeasley's alteration to a picture I posted in a thread yesterday, and asking what her reasoning behind the change of words was.

Whereas actually MrsWeasley's avatar was changed before Cait uploaded her picture... so panic over!

Maz

Shall not means that I will not allow you to pass. Cannot implies an inability, not necessarily because I won't let you! As with "Can I use your toilet?"-well I don't know can you? "May I use your toilet?"-of course you may!!

Linda

its amazing the knowledge you pick up on this site! my daughter asked me the difference between ""shall not and "cannot" for some homework and for the life of me i could'nt remember!!!!!! thanks!!

its amazing the knowledge you pick up on this site! my daughter asked me the difference between ""shall not and "cannot" for some homework and for the life of me i could'nt remember!!!!!! thanks!!

Great Aunt Linda to the rescue! :o

Edited by HappyMaz

Maybe I am getting old xD but.......... could somebody explain to me the first message?. I lost touch after the first 15 words. I am sure there should be some 'real words' and 'full stops' in there, somewhere! :(

Shall I get my coat? :o

Edited by Guest

Hi Neil,

Thanks for saying what probably lots of us were thinking but didn't say!!!

The use and meaning of words seems to change on an almost daily basis and maybe we should set up a thread which can be updated regularly helping us to understand all these "tricky words"

Nicky Sussex xD:o:(

u cheeky ppl!!i dnt write lyk dis at work bt wen u tink all d yung ppl use txt speak so it is useful 2 undastand!!and u shunt need neil 2 say spk ur mind ppl!!

Well I'm on an upward learning curve here with all this text-speak! :o We oldies feel rather challenged! Joking apart, we do have people on this forum who use different means to read posts, and not everyone is familiar with text speak. In the interests of inclusion please could we all use standard English and punctuation, so that we can get to grips with the issues and give support where needed.