Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyholder

That's a strange question. I'm not sure there's a definitive answer. I know some 16 year olds who would be responsible enough to go through the morning set-up procedures, and some 28 year olds who I wouldn't trust to do it properly. Not all my staff are keyholders. There are people who hold keys to our premises who are nothing to do with the Preschool, but can only get into the building, not the security cupboards etc.

I'm assuming you mean 'open' as in unlock, as your thread is entitled 'keyholder'

Hi Bigal

Would there be any children there? or is it just to open the doors ready for the other staff?

Carol

i cant see a problem as as there has to be at least 2 people at all times minimum and at least one with a level 3 we have a qualified and a level 2 opening up, but as one is level 3 it doesnt matter if one is unqualified and age is regardless really.

I think more info needed on this one . children present? just unlocking? on own in building? I believe Under 17 cannot be employed as a person responsible for children, so not counted in ratios if children present.....so would this have a bearing on it?

Inge

Hi if children are present, then they need to be 18 and there needs tobe a qualified staff present, for safety 2 staff members even for 1 child. if just opening the door for staff then 16,also depends on premises, if not yours and you rent a space, West sussex rules are that over 18 years of age can be keyholders.

if theres children there then its minimum 18 always two people on the premesis, plus at least one person with a level 3

if its just to unlock I dont know that there is an age limit? although health and safety in the work place recommends that people shouldnt be on work premesis alone regardless of whether there are children present likewise people shouldn't be left to lock up alone

mmm i think h and s issues could be involved here. I would not leave someone under the age of 18 to open a nursery

and are you being paid enough to have that responsibility!!