Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yuk!

but while sorting the kitchen this week found a tin of the dreaded liver salts..... dated 1993! :( oops!!

Reminds me of going to eat at MrsWeasley's grandma's house just before Christmas when she was small. She offered me a small jar of cranberry sauce from Sainsbury's in a colour/logo I had never seen before. Luckily I don't like cranberry sauce and so I declined. When clearing away the table I had a good look at the jar - no 'use by' or 'sell by' date but I reckon it was probably from the 70s... twenty years or so out of date... xD

I know she didn't like me much but I did think trying to poison me was a bit below the belt.. :o

Maz

mummyspud I hope you feel better soon and that hubby gets out of ICU soon and well enough to come home.

My first try of non alcoholic wine was horrible, tasted just like fizzy Andrews with a hint of apple juice. YUK.

Liver is my yuk food, even the smell makes me retch. Hubby has told me that when he was catering officer in the army he made liver burgers which were very popular, even his children ate them. Hasn't tried them with me yet though (thank goodness).

Peggy

hahahahahaha this made me remember my own Nan who used to do things like that. Oh and gramps who always had rather dubious-looking sweets in his jacket pocket.

Ooh yes - my Dad used to have a bag of sticky-icky sweets in his glove compartment too. At least they weren't coated in 'pocket fluff' though! :o

Fish except from the chip shop.

Salmon sandwiches make me retch. I tried eating a salmon sandwich a couple of years ago. I knew my reaction to it was silly so I opened a tin, spent ages deboneing it and getting every minute speck of skin out, but the moment the sandwich got near my mouth I retched. Cant do it.

Does co-codamol contain asprin? Asprin makes my stomach feel awful sicky and bloated.

mummyspud I hope you feel better soon and that hubby gets out of ICU soon and well enough to come home.

My first try of non alcoholic wine was horrible, tasted just like fizzy Andrews with a hint of apple juice. YUK.

Liver is my yuk food, even the smell makes me retch. Hubby has told me that when he was catering officer in the army he made liver burgers which were very popular, even his children ate them. Hasn't tried them with me yet though (thank goodness).

Peggy

UGH Liver!!!!! I had to eat it raw as a teenager when I was chronic anaemic (no longer since coeliac discovered) and it was totally foul. Mum used to flash it quickly in the pan to turn it grey instead of red/purple, but ugh! Even the thought is turning me now!

Does co-codamol contain asprin? Asprin makes my stomach feel awful sicky and bloated.

Co-codamol is a mixture of codeine and paracetamol... no aspirin... (it is the codeine which makes me high)

I love liver! but cannot cook it so hubby has to cook that meal!

Not keen on fish,( all tastes the same to me) but I can eat it.

Inge

I have made liver once, although I cant stand the stuff myself.

Martin loves liver and when we were first married, being the dutiful new wife, made him a liver and onion casserole once. I vowed never to do it again as it just reminded me of slugs, even when I had coated it in flour!!!

Peggy, it will be quite some time before Martin is home, at the moment he is very seriously ill and am not sure if he is gonna pull through and it will be a while before we know. On the plus side I got the all clear to go and visit him and was up this evening and it was soooo good to see him. He is comfortable and stable.

If he pulls through he can all the slugs and onion casserole he likes!!! :o

Thank god for this forum and its members. You have all kept me going with your words of support.

I was going to say the forum has kept me sane, but I was well beyond saving before I parted with my well spent £20!! xD

Mummyspud good to here you're feeling better, and are able to visit Martin now - it must have been driving you crazy not being bale to see him. It's difficult to know what to say - but I hope he turns the corner soon.

take care, and don't go overdoing things yourself- you need to be sure you fully recover too.

xxxx