Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yuk!

I am unwell at the moment and have been taking 2 things to help me get better as quicky as possible.

1. Co-codamol of the effervescent kind.

I used to be OK taking these as I only took them on a very rare occassion, even the taste was OK. Don't get me wrong they are very good, but have got to the stage now where they taste absolutely disgusting and even the thought of them makes me heave!!

2. Orange and zinc vitamin suppliment, again of the effervescent kind!!!

My sister, whos a nurse, advised me to take these to fight my ailments!!! It is the most digusting thing I have ever tasted and its fizzy. Have been taking these for 5 days now and everyday its a battle to get it into me. I have tried knocking it back, which works in the the short run, as in I have taken it, but after about half an hour I feel sick. I have also tried sipping it, which to be perfectly honest prolongs the agony.

I dont actually remember feeling this way about something since I was a child and my mum made me eat baken beans and brussel sprouts!!

Just got me thinking if what sort of things make everyone else wretch, be it even thinking about it or actually having to take it and do these particular items stem from a childhood memory of being forced to eat or drink something.

Also got me thinking is there anyone that has overcome their feelings towards certain foods and how did they do it!!

Just had another mouthful of the awful orange and zinc stuff!! Yuk :o

Any reason for the dispersable tablets.... co codamol is fine in tablet form (although it does make me really high... :o )

And zinc and vitamin C is as Cait says available in many other forms, tablets and my OH takes a chewable version in blackcurrant flavour which we found cheaper than others available (in Asda).

They are supposed to boost the immune system.

Inge

I am taking the disperable form as my sister says it gets into your system quicker!!

I have the flu and am pushing to get better as quickly as I can as my hubby is in the ICU and I cannot visit him while I have it. I havent seen him since last Friday and it is doing my head in!!

Have just finished my orange and zinc drink and have vowed I cannot take it anymore even if my life depends on it. I think a visit to boots after collecting my son from school is in order.

It make me think of some fizzy tablet my dad use to make us drink when we were children when we had a bad stomach. Can't remember what they were called but I just heave if I try sipping fizzy water !

I hope you're not talking about Andrews Liver Salt... Mum made me drink that once, and promised me it wouldn't make me sick.. Guess what happened next. xD

Not a food or something you swallow, but pulling tape of a tape dispenser makes me gag! I hate the way it like, vibrates. :o

Get better spud! xx

I hope you're not talking about Andrews Liver Salt... Mum made me drink that once, and promised me it wouldn't make me sick.. Guess what happened next. :o

Let it go MrsWeasley, let it go! (and she did, quite literally!).

Hope you're better soon, spud.

Mx

I am taking the disperable form as my sister says it gets into your system quicker!!

I have the flu and am pushing to get better as quickly as I can as my hubby is in the ICU and I cannot visit him while I have it. I havent seen him since last Friday and it is doing my head in!!

Have just finished my orange and zinc drink and have vowed I cannot take it anymore even if my life depends on it. I think a visit to boots after collecting my son from school is in order.

Not sure that is actually true about getting into system quicker.. pain killer still only works for 4-6 hours anyway.

Zinc and vitamin c takes a while to have effect and is really to boost immune system to help prevent you catching colds/flu , better to take it longer term . Better to actually have something you will take than something you dislike.

Have found zinc is in a joint supplement I take and have not caught any of the colds my OH has had recently, hence his now taking them!!

Recover quickly so you can visit again...

Inge

That's just weird!

I thought that as well Cait, but I didnt like to say, have picked on MrsWeasley enough this morning. She might fall out with me and then I would have nobody to tease that isn't within thumping distance :o

I suppose you are going to have to add me to the 'weird' group then as the thought of touching sponge makes me heave. I can only do sponge printing at work if I wear two pairs of rubber gloves! I volunteer for any other job first but they like to watch me squirm.

But I am not strange at all!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

My husband hates it when cotton wool is oulled apart and he flinches away from touv=ching it altogether.

As for me- The smell of bananas can make me feel sick, eating them makes me sick.

Injections I also hate- can't they find a better method?

im the same Cait - and chalks well cant go near them!!!! xD

I'm the same, can't pick up a piece of chalk, and to have to collect handfuls of the stuff!! :o

I am luck, the girls at work know about my chalk thing and I never have to go near it without gloves on!!

Well, I've just made the connection. My husband likes this sparkling mineral water which I cannot abide - it reminds me of Andrews Liver Salts!

don't know if I dare confess this one.. :( ..

but while sorting the kitchen this week found a tin of the dreaded liver salts..... dated 1993! :o oops!!

I have cleaned since then honest had to , move in here in 95! so cannot say how it was still in the cupbard.. tempted to keep it as a relic! xD:(

Inge

ok maybe you cant all be weird, you are just different to me! maybe just as well, maybe I'm the weird one!!! :oxD

I can understand people not wanting to touch food that makes you wretch, looking at lemon curd does it for me and leeks done the same when I was expecting. I have never come across anything that wasnt a food that makes me wretch!

Although I was discussing this with a friend earlier and she told me about a program where one woman didnt like knees and with another it was windmills (I think thats what she said). Funny how people have their different phobias. I suppose that what makes us all individuals!

hang on just thought of non food one, stems from pregancy but still makes me feel sick, getting a hair in my mouth and my hair is quite long again. Hateful when its windy and ur in mid conversation!! Eww!