Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sessional Care

Hi all

What is the maximum amount of hours you can open under sessional care?

We have the 15 hour entitlement. At present we are open 3 hrs per day, and full. We have quite a few funded children wanting more sessions but can t fit them in. I was toying with the idea with opening an extra hour per day, to allow them to be able to gain their extra entitlement that way.

Thanks all

Sharon

Our afternoon sessions are 3 3/4 hours and we have never had any problems with this. We are very busy and open for 2 sessions each day. 3 hours in the morning and then the 3 3/4 hours in the afternoon. So wouldn't think you would have any problems with 4 hours, but might be best to check.

I think so long as there's a clear break away from children between sessions - even if that's morning and afternoon with an hour between where you can get away if you want to it's sessional, even if the 'sessions' are 3 or 4 hours long. Dunno - best to check eh

I think so long as there's a clear break away from children between sessions - even if that's morning and afternoon with an hour between where you can get away if you want to it's sessional, even if the 'sessions' are 3 or 4 hours long. Dunno - best to check eh

I must admit I thought these 'rules' had disappeared with the new childcare registers and that the old 'sessional' or 'full day care' labels had gone. Shows what I know, doesn't it? That said, we're technically full day care so I don't suppose I need to worry too much.

But as Cait says, best to check with Mrs Ofsted for a definitive answer (or is that being too optimistic, I wonder?).

Maz

Have seen a new registration document which still stated sessional care so it must still exist.....

Pre eyfs sessional was up to 4 hours for 1 session.. but they liked it to be 3.75 to allow for late collection.....

2 sessions in 1 day was fine so long as you had a break between sessions with no children in your care..... in our case this was just 15 mins.....

we did change to full day care in Sept.. so not sure if still applies or if you can just ask to have hours changed.....must admit it was easy changing between the 2 ...........

Think this is a bit of a grey area at the moment as to if/ how you change.. phone call would be best option.. but then when we were changing everyone we talked to gave us a different answer as to how to go about it!

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)