Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guinnes Book Of World Records

HappyMaz

Now although you may not remember (or were not members then!) the FSF DID take part in a genuine world record attempt.. we were 'officially' counted and even opened the thread up to guests!

It was the world record attempt 'stand up against poverty' in which we made an online 'stand up' and joined 23 million people worldwide.

The thread on this can be found

here

Now although you may not remember (or were not members then!) the FSF DID take part in a genuine world record attempt.. we were 'officially' counted and even opened the thread up to guests!

It was the world record attempt 'stand up against poverty' in which we made an online 'stand up' and joined 23 million people worldwide.

here

Sadly I was on holiday at the time and wasn't able to join in. :o

here

That's great - wish I could have been part of that!

Sunnyday

My 8 year old could enter for the longest time to eat a sandwich for lunch, longest time so far was 1hour 15 minutes and after 30 minutes we left her to finish it without us. She was just in one of her slow moods so we left her to it and she eventually finished it all and then very quickly ate the rest of her lunch (wonder why they can always eat yogurts and then biscuits quicker than any other food!!!) :o

Nicky Sussex xD:(

My son was always a really slow eater, and we used to stay at the table with him for a while, but it was hard work! Eventually, based on the theory that he wouldn't let himself starve, I used to let him put on his plate what he thought he could eat. During this period, about months, I didn't serve any puddings or 'treats' in his view, although my daughter didn't miss out - behind his back. We got him completing his 'plateful' within a reasonable time. I even had one of those water plates underneath to keep his meal warm and stop it all congealing!

World record for possibly the most coughs in any one night, why is it the coughing starts just as I lay my head down to sleep?. :( and I can't even console myself with a 'medicinal' Hot Toddy' (oh I am feeling sorry for myself :(xD )

and today Hubby has the first signs of not the cold bug but OH NO, MAN FLU :o:( .

Peggy

Peggy, I was given this little tip by a friend.

If you have a bad cough that is preventing you from sleeping, before retiring spread some vicks on the bottom of your feet and then put socks on! (I dont think you have to keep the socks on all night though)

Haven't tried it yet as I dont have a cough!

Haha, this actually reminds me of my sister who was given the same meal back for breakfast, lunch and dinner the next day until she ate it 'cos my Mum was sick to death of her being a picky eater! It was shepherd's pie, and mum just fried it up each time and gave it her back - she'd mixed it all together in the first place anyway. She did actually eat it, but it didn't stop her being picky

My son lived on chicken nuggets and chips for so many months I got really concerned, but as Cait says they won't starve and he eventually got through that phase. Now he can't bear anything that looks like a chicken nuggets and he's not keen on chips either!

mundia - I don't think I was around in the days of the FSF world record attempt - but I shall go and have a look later!

Maz

My husband holds the record for coming in the study and saying " Oh not the foundation stage forum again" and walking off.

Jackie

Well at least your husband knows what it's called! Mine just refers to it as 'that forum thing' even though I have a badge and mug! :o

mine must be for the most posts read in a certain length of time!!

I think I also hold the record the for the amount of times you lift your mobile to see if anybody has rang. Seems stupid but the phone is sitting right beside me and I am still lifting it to check if I have missed a call!!

Its amazing what you will do to keep yourself busy lol

Thank god for the forum this morning!!

I think I also hold the record the for the amount of times you lift your mobile to see if anybody has rang. Seems stupid but the phone is sitting right beside me and I am still lifting it to check if I have missed a call!!

I do that.

Even when I'm not expecting any calls or texts? :o

Simon is always like.. who are you waiting for? And then he doesn't believe me when I say nobody!!

I do that.

Even when I'm not expecting any calls or texts? :o

Simon is always like.. who are you waiting for? And then he doesn't believe me when I say nobody!!

I think you may be subconciously checking to see if your clock is still an hour behind mine!! xD:(

I think you may be subconciously checking to see if your clock is still an hour behind mine!! :o:(

Look, it's not my fault I'm not all that clever alright! I blame the parents.. :(

But spud, be thankful you didn't have to have your dinner with me and my stupid comments! (Unlike poor Beau!!) xD

But spud, be thankful you didn't have to have your dinner with me and my stupid comments! (Unlike poor Beau!!) :o

I dont hear anybody when I eat. Food is for eating not listening!!! Besides its rude to talk with your mouthful. Unless of course its baked beans or brussel sprouts

I said I would go and have a look and I did - I also checked to find out why I didn't join in and apparently Mazlittle's membership had expired earlier in the year. :o

I read the thread from beginning to end and although the pledges were essentially the same, I found it very moving to read. Somehow the fact that Steve had organised it so that guests could sign in and join in the act of standing up against poverty added to the poignancy.

Congratulations to you all.

Mx