Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Existing Injuries Record

Cait

Hi, I have an Existing Injuries Record, but it's one I made myself. I've looked on the PSLA site and can't find one - does anyone have one. I feel I need something more 'official - looking' than mine

we have on ours a bit about any special care that the child may need whilst at pre school e.g. broken arm needing to be kept dry or no outdoor physical exercise when a leg break fresh out of plaster etc.

i like the body map it's much more accurate than writing it down!

Hi, I have an Existing Injuries Record, but it's one I made myself. I've looked on the PSLA site and can't find one - does anyone have one. I feel I need something more 'official - looking' than mine

[/quote

we also use an incoming injury record eg if a child comes in with an injury and mum hasnt informed us we ask on collection and the explanation is recorded and signed by parent and staff

i.e during a nappy change one child had a full iron burn which no one though to tell us about!!

we have a significant incident form, which is similar to the accident record, we always ask parents for explanations if a child presents with an injury and ask them to complete the form.

Last week we filled on out as a child told a member of staff 'my mummy always makes me cry', which could be for alsorts of reasons, we spoke to Mum who filled out the significant incident form, she was honest and said that she had shouted at her daughter on the way to pre school and she did cry, mum was fine filling out the form.

It enables us to moniter what children tell us, if the same child discloses something else and children can take a long time to disclose, then we have a comprehensive record. Or as in most cases we will never need to add anything to this particular childs form again, it also allows parents to see that we do listen to what children tell us and we will ask for explanations.

Claire x