Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Compliment

A parent was watching me let the children stir water into compost, whilst I was encouraging them to squeeze the mud into squelchy ball. Nothing unusual really. Parent just looked at me, shook her head and said that she could imagine me running a nursery in the woods with lots of children and we would all be sooo so happy without a care in the world .......BLISS

BUT ............the children would be all dirty with runny noses NOT SO GOOD

Guest pamgreen

You need to do forest school training. It is brilliant and you would be doing lots of lovely messy play outside. We go to forest school all year round it is bliss.

Yes I was doing "forest school" many years ago without even realising it. Our playgroup was in a country area. We would pack up the essentials and stay out for most of the session but unfortunately because our building was in such a secluded area we were a target for vandals. Eventually our building became irreparable and we relocated to the nearest town. My childhood also consisted of going off to the woods with friends all day, climbing trees, jumping over streams and scrumping apples.playing with mud and water. How times have changed.

I live in a rural area with a large woodland garden. It would be perfect for a nursery but I wouldn't inflict that on my husband who has put up with sooo much over the years because of my love of children.

A parent who thought was being horrible to us at playgroup started saying in the playground at the local school that we were childish and played all the time. Best compliment I could think of!

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)