Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Hi

Just a qucik message if any one can help me it would be a great help. We have got OFSTED coming tomorrow and im starting to panick a bit now. My classroom is fine and planning is fine im not worried about that its just they have asked to meet up with an even number of co-ordinators at the end of the day and we are to bring a note book and pen with us and nothing else. I have only recently became the History and Geography co-ordinator so i havent really had chance to get into my role and i aint got a clue what to expect and am worried that it will come across that i dont know what i am doing :o. Does anyone know why they might want to meet like this and has anyone got any good advice or tips as to what they might ask me?

thanks alot

kate :)

No advice Kate just wanted to wish you well.

Although someone did say to me once if you dont know what to say say 'thats an interesting point, I'll get back to you with more detail' or ' I know where I can get that'. Stops you feeling like you dont have anything to say. But I bet you know more than you think you do :o

Good advice from Rea, just adding my good luck wishes, I'm sure someone will be along soon who has had experience of the co-ordinator role, however, whoever gave you the role must have decided you are knowledgable in this area, so as Rea also says, have faith in what you know. :o

Peggy

Unfortunately, Peggy, it doesnt always work like that in school!

That doesnt mean I dont think Katie doesnt know what to do though, but there are never enough hours in the day to investigate the coordinator files! Have you got a file Katie? What had the last coord done?

I wouldnt panic too much, your head or someone else on SMT may be available for a quick chat?

The onus of OFSted is on SMT and the SEF.

Good luck.

Hi,

I had Ofsted just before Xmas and just wanted to reassure you. I also was new to the Literacy co-ordinator role and had taken it over as the coordinator is on maternity leave. So you can imagine my panic when I was invited along to the interview. Basically, they wanted to hear that we worked as a team, asked what our vision was for the school and no specific questions were really asked about each of our subjects really. I think there were a few aimed at how we assess the different sujects. I did get asked a lot of questions about early years even though that interview was supposed to be about coordinator roles and I then had an interview about Early Years too the next day. We all took our coordinator files but they didnt look at them. They asked us questions about how we provide for LDD (this flummoxed us!!) and it means SEN but is now called LDD. I would try and get together with the other people who have been invited to the interview so that you are all singing form the same hymm sheet. It really wasn't anything to worry about but I can empathise with you!! All the best and I hope it goes well for you.

Can I be a thick sunday-head and ask what SMT stands for? probably something really obvious....... (School Management Team?)

Senior Management Team, I think Cait - so you're not such a thick sunday-head!

Good luck Kate - I'm sure it will go well! Fantastic advice from Rea - will be bearing that in mind! Can I put "that's an interesting question - I'll get back to you on that" in every box of my SEF do you think? :o

Maz

Susan i have a coordinator file but it hasnt got much in because as i said i have only just started the role. I do how ever have the previous coordinators folder and i have done my action plan for both history and geography and rewrote the policies which is a start but as i say im still learning about the role and what it involves

kate